Logic Symbolism: Designing a Boutique Hotel

• Thread starter maca
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Logic
In summary, the architecture student is thinking of using logic as one of his conceptual ideas for his assignment. He has trouble turning abstract concepts into a three-dimensional object, and is looking for help from a friend. He has spawned the idea of a cube, which represents phases of logic (principle, sequence of progression of thoughts, and conclusion), and has also thought about using mathematical logics.
maca
Hello everyone,

I've been thinking about the word 'Logic' (in capitals), and its implication for quite some time, and I'm thinking of using logic as 1 of my conceptual ideas for my assignment (I'm an architecture student, designing a building duhhhh.):wink:

Let's give you some kind of background brief for this assignment :
-design a boutique hotel with a Sherlock Holmes theme.

I'm having a lot of troubles turning something so abstract and vague into a 3 dimensional object. Seeing this is sometimes kind of a philosophical forum can someone shed some light on this matter?

Physics news on Phys.org
i guess there should be subtle suspense in the design. i have an auditorium in my city which is violin-shaped. you could think of a smoking pipe shaped structure, probably smoke billowing from it always... originating from a sauna at the terrace.
you could also have magnifying glasses placed in front of the building, so that a passing outsider can have a look at the grandeur of interior decoration inside.
think of crazy revolutionary things. might work out well for you.

thx for the quick response, I've thought about the literate concepts like the smoking pipe shape and the magnifying glass before, but they seem too literate and not particular monumental, nor mind provoking (as in, passerby having the building imprinted in their mind, and wondering what the hell the building 'means').

So the next step would be thinking abstract, and the 1st and most significant idea of Sherlock Holmes would obviously be his deduction.

I was discussing this with a friend of mine, and spawned the idea of a 3 dimensional cube, where each dimension represents each phase of logic: -the principle, the sequence of progression of thoughts, and the 'conclusion'.

With a 3d form like a cube, I can then also play around with mathematical logics too, eg. a cube, and numbers 6 and 9. Where 6 is the number of surfaces and 9 the number of points that make up the cube in a locatable space (the 'extra' point being the reference)

Last edited:
I like the pipe sauna better...

Related to Logic Symbolism: Designing a Boutique Hotel

1. What is logic symbolism and how does it relate to boutique hotel design?

Logic symbolism is a design approach that utilizes symbols and visual elements to convey a specific concept or idea. In the context of boutique hotel design, logic symbolism can be used to create a unique and memorable experience for guests by incorporating symbols that reflect the hotel's theme or concept.

2. How can logic symbolism be incorporated into the design of a boutique hotel?

Logic symbolism can be incorporated into the design of a boutique hotel in various ways, such as through the use of specific colors, patterns, and images that reflect the hotel's theme or concept. This can be done through the selection of furniture, artwork, and other decorative elements, as well as through the layout and overall design of the hotel.

3. What are the benefits of using logic symbolism in boutique hotel design?

Using logic symbolism in boutique hotel design can offer several benefits. It can create a cohesive and unique design that sets the hotel apart from others. It can also help create a memorable and meaningful experience for guests by incorporating symbols and elements that resonate with them. Additionally, logic symbolism can help reinforce the hotel's brand and concept.

4. Are there any limitations to using logic symbolism in boutique hotel design?

While logic symbolism can be a powerful design tool, it is important to consider potential limitations. One limitation is that the symbols used may not be universally understood, so it is important to consider the target audience and ensure that the symbols are relevant and meaningful to them. Additionally, overusing symbolism can make the design feel cluttered and overwhelming, so it is important to strike a balance.

5. How can logic symbolism be used in a way that is culturally sensitive and respectful?

When using logic symbolism in boutique hotel design, it is crucial to be culturally sensitive and respectful. This can be achieved by thoroughly researching the symbols and their meanings, and ensuring that they are not offensive or appropriative. Additionally, consulting with a diverse group of individuals can help ensure that the symbolism is inclusive and respectful of different cultures and backgrounds.