Looking for 3D printing and Milling services

In summary, the speaker is looking for a service that can create parts for their machine design. They are a freelance engineer and cannot afford their own milling equipment. They ask for recommendations for machine shops and mention using shapeways.com as a possible option.
Kylixir
Hello! I currently have a machine fully designed to fold newspaper and place rubber bands on them, yet I do not have a way to create the parts themselves! I ask of anyone if they know of a service where I can send a CAD drawing (specifically Autodesk Inventor) and have them mill or print the parts for me.

I'm attempting to become a freelance engineer, and I unfortunately cannot yet afford my own milling equipment. Many thanks to any replies!

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
The possibilities are endless, there are machine shops everywhere and require only a Google search to be found. You can even filter by area by adding a city name or zip code.

Rapid Prototype Machine Shops

You may consider finding one local to you to meet the owner and machinists, it may help in your business relationship and sometimes design intent is more easily communicated in-person.

Last edited:
I use shapeways

1. What is 3D printing and milling?

3D printing and milling are manufacturing technologies that use computer-aided design (CAD) software to create three-dimensional objects. 3D printing uses a layer-by-layer approach to build objects, while milling involves cutting away material from a block to create the desired shape.

2. What materials can be used in 3D printing and milling?

Many different materials can be used in 3D printing and milling, including plastics, metals, ceramics, and even food items. The specific materials available will depend on the type of 3D printer or milling machine being used.

3. How accurate are 3D printing and milling services?

The accuracy of 3D printing and milling services can vary depending on the specific technology and equipment being used. However, both processes are generally very precise, with tolerances as small as 0.1 mm or less.

4. What industries use 3D printing and milling services?

3D printing and milling services are used in a wide range of industries, including aerospace, automotive, medical, fashion, and architecture. These technologies have applications in prototyping, product development, and even mass production.

5. How can I find 3D printing and milling services?

There are many companies and service providers that offer 3D printing and milling services. You can search online for local providers or use online marketplaces to connect with suppliers. It is important to consider factors such as cost, materials, and capabilities when selecting a service provider.