Find ISBNs for Thomson, Brooks/Cole Textbooks

• Thread starter Acuben
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Textbook
In summary, the conversation revolves around finding the ISBN number for a specific textbook, "Student solutions manual for Physics for scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics" by Serway Jewett, 6th edition. The original poster tried searching for it on the website of the publisher, Thomson, Brooks/Cole, but could not find it for older editions. They are looking for ways to find the book easier through the web, especially since it is a rare book from an old edition. Another person suggests using ABEbooks.com for finding out of print and old textbooks, and the original poster confirms that they were able to find the correct book there. However, it is mentioned that the textbook is not the same as the one requested, as it
Acuben
Is there a way to find ISBN number of all the books publics by one company?
(Thomson,Brooks/Cole for e.g.)

I tried there website http://www.cengage.com/search/market.do?N=16 but they don't show up for any of the older edition.

The book I'm looking for is
Student solutions manual for...
Physics for scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics by serway jewett 6th ed

and you see how long it is to put on google/amazon search and therefore it gives me message that no matching items can be found. So I thought maybe if I have ISBN i can find the book easier through the web. It IT a rare book of an old edition.

I'm sure you all have your own methods of finding a rare book/stuff over web. Care to share some?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
ISBN 9780716789642 perhaps?

try ABEbooks.com look for the author. This is where I find out of print and old textbooks.

I am a textbook junkie.

Code:
[PLAIN]http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?isbn=9780716789642&sts=t&x=41&y=15
[/PLAIN]

had the correct one then.

Insanity said:
Code:
[PLAIN]http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?isbn=9780716789642&sts=t&x=41&y=15
[/PLAIN]

had the correct one then.

it's not the same textbook. it's written by a different author

Related to Find ISBNs for Thomson, Brooks/Cole Textbooks

1. What is an ISBN?

An ISBN, or International Standard Book Number, is a unique 10 or 13 digit number assigned to every published book. It serves as a universal identifier for books and is used to track books in the supply chain.

2. Where can I find the ISBN for a Thomson, Brooks/Cole textbook?

The ISBN for a Thomson, Brooks/Cole textbook can typically be found on the back cover of the book, near the barcode. It can also be found on the copyright page, usually located at the beginning of the book.

3. How do I know if the ISBN I found is correct?

You can verify the correctness of an ISBN by using an online ISBN checker, which compares the number against its database to ensure accuracy. You can also check the number against the publisher's website to confirm its validity.

4. Can I use the same ISBN for different editions of a Thomson, Brooks/Cole textbook?

No, each edition of a textbook will have a different ISBN. This is because the ISBN identifies the specific version of the book, including any revisions or updates.

5. What do the numbers in an ISBN represent?

The first part of an ISBN represents the country or language group of the book, the second part identifies the publisher, and the third part identifies the specific title or edition. The last number in an ISBN is a check digit used to validate the number's accuracy.