Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for a word to describe the following

  1. Aug 15, 2010 #1
    Hello All,

    I was wondering if some of the great chemistry people here could help me with this one. I'm wondering if there is a word out there that describes the study of liquids and gasses in transformation? I know that could all be included under the term "Chemistry" but I'm wondering if there is a more specific branch of study that is focused on this aspect?

    Jason O
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 15, 2010 #2
    study of phase-transitions.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook