Looking for books for AP Physics B

In summary, the book "5 Steps to a 5: AP Physics + Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker is a good resource for understanding and preparing for the AP Physics B exam.
Malicious
I am currently struggling in AP Physics B at school and find the textbook issued to me by the school (College Physics by Serway and Faughn Fifth Edition) a bit difficult to comprehend. I do not want to fail the class or the AP test and was wondering if there were any good, easy to understand AP Physics help/practice books available that you guys would recommend.

Physics news on Phys.org
the princeton review is usually good.

One suggestion would be to go to the AP section of College boards website for teachers, and find the suggested books for the AP physics B test to study from. Thats what I had to do when I did an independent study for AP physics C.

Cracking the AP Physics B Exam by Princeton Review.

Malicious said:
I am currently struggling in AP Physics B at school and find the textbook issued to me by the school (College Physics by Serway and Faughn Fifth Edition) a bit difficult to comprehend.
Word, G.
Princeton Review totally sucked for me; I found the multiple choice practice questions were more related to you approximating square roots and such without a calculator. Also, questions on angular momentum were included.. (something not on the *current* AP Physics B test)
Anyway, I found 5 Steps to a 5 AP Physics + Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday/Resnick/Walker (Extended 7th edition) helpful.. (I just read through the chapters and practice problems, never really attempting the problems 'cause I was too lazy)
Ended up with a 5 so something must've worked.
However, I used Fundamentals for both B and C, so 5 Steps to a 5 would probably be the only thing that'll benefit you.
Get that and all of the past papers and you'll be good to go.
If you can wait a month, I can probably hook you up with the past papers. ;)

I have the Barrons book... so far it seems really good...

1. What are the best books for AP Physics B preparation?

The best books for AP Physics B preparation are the Barron's AP Physics B textbook, the Princeton Review's Cracking the AP Physics B Exam, and the 5 Steps to a 5 AP Physics B book.

2. Are there any online resources for AP Physics B study materials?

Yes, there are many online resources for AP Physics B study materials. Some popular ones include Khan Academy, College Board's AP Physics B course page, and AP Physics B review guides on websites like Study.com and SparkNotes.

3. Which book should I use for AP Physics B if I am a beginner?

If you are a beginner in AP Physics B, it is recommended to use the Barron's AP Physics B textbook. It provides a comprehensive overview of all the topics covered in the exam and includes practice questions and tests to help you gauge your understanding.

4. Is it necessary to use multiple books for AP Physics B preparation?

No, it is not necessary to use multiple books for AP Physics B preparation. However, using more than one book can provide different perspectives and approaches to the material, which can be helpful in understanding difficult concepts.

5. Are there any books specifically for the AP Physics B Mechanics or Electricity and Magnetism sections?

Yes, some books are specifically tailored for the Mechanics or Electricity and Magnetism sections of AP Physics B. Examples include "Cracking the AP Physics B Exam, Mechanics" by the Princeton Review and "5 Steps to a 5 AP Physics B, Electricity and Magnetism" by Greg Jacobs.