1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for books for AP Physics B

1. Dec 18, 2006 #1
    I am currently struggling in AP Physics B at school and find the textbook issued to me by the school (College Physics by Serway and Faughn Fifth Edition) a bit difficult to comprehend. I do not want to fail the class or the AP test and was wondering if there were any good, easy to understand AP Physics help/practice books available that you guys would recommend.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2006 #2
    the princeton review is usually good.
  4. Dec 19, 2006 #3
    One suggestion would be to go to the AP section of College boards website for teachers, and find the suggested books for the AP physics B test to study from. Thats what I had to do when I did an independent study for AP physics C.
  5. Dec 25, 2006 #4
    Cracking the AP Physics B Exam by Princeton Review.
  6. Dec 25, 2006 #5
    Word, G.
    Princeton Review totally sucked for me; I found the multiple choice practice questions were more related to you approximating square roots and such without a calculator. Also, questions on angular momentum were included.. (something not on the *current* AP Physics B test)
    Anyway, I found 5 Steps to a 5 AP Physics + Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday/Resnick/Walker (Extended 7th edition) helpful.. (I just read through the chapters and practice problems, never really attempting the problems 'cause I was too lazy)
    Ended up with a 5 so something must've worked.
    However, I used Fundamentals for both B and C, so 5 Steps to a 5 would probably be the only thing that'll benefit you.
    Get that and all of the past papers and you'll be good to go.
    If you can wait a month, I can probably hook you up with the past papers. ;)
  7. Jan 2, 2007 #6
    I have the Barrons book... so far it seems really good...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?