Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for books for AP Physics B

1. Dec 18, 2006 #1
    I am currently struggling in AP Physics B at school and find the textbook issued to me by the school (College Physics by Serway and Faughn Fifth Edition) a bit difficult to comprehend. I do not want to fail the class or the AP test and was wondering if there were any good, easy to understand AP Physics help/practice books available that you guys would recommend.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2006 #2
    the princeton review is usually good.

4. Dec 19, 2006 #3
    One suggestion would be to go to the AP section of College boards website for teachers, and find the suggested books for the AP physics B test to study from. Thats what I had to do when I did an independent study for AP physics C.

5. Dec 25, 2006 #4
    Cracking the AP Physics B Exam by Princeton Review.

6. Dec 25, 2006 #5
    Word, G.
    Princeton Review totally sucked for me; I found the multiple choice practice questions were more related to you approximating square roots and such without a calculator. Also, questions on angular momentum were included.. (something not on the *current* AP Physics B test)
    Anyway, I found 5 Steps to a 5 AP Physics + Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday/Resnick/Walker (Extended 7th edition) helpful.. (I just read through the chapters and practice problems, never really attempting the problems 'cause I was too lazy)
    Ended up with a 5 so something must've worked.
    However, I used Fundamentals for both B and C, so 5 Steps to a 5 would probably be the only thing that'll benefit you.
    Get that and all of the past papers and you'll be good to go.
    If you can wait a month, I can probably hook you up with the past papers. ;)

7. Jan 2, 2007 #6
    I have the Barrons book... so far it seems really good...

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook