Lowest coefficient of the i part of Riemann exponents

In summary, the lowest coefficient of the i part of Riemann exponents, denoted as <i>γ</i>, is a constant value of 0.5 that is closely related to the Riemann zeta function and has significant implications in number theory and the unsolved Riemann hypothesis. While it can be calculated using various methods, the exact value of <i>γ</i> is still unknown and a subject of ongoing research.
David Carroll
Does anyone remember/know what the lowest co-efficient is of the imaginary part of the exponent for infinite Riemann zeta sums? I think it's (9/2)*pi, but I'm not sure.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

1. What is the lowest coefficient of the i part of Riemann exponents?

The lowest coefficient of the i part of Riemann exponents, also known as the imaginary part, is a mathematical constant that is equal to 0.5. This value is commonly denoted as γ and is an important factor in understanding the distribution of prime numbers.

2. How is the lowest coefficient of the i part of Riemann exponents related to the Riemann zeta function?

The Riemann zeta function, denoted as ζ(s), is closely related to the lowest coefficient of the i part of Riemann exponents. In fact, the value of γ can be expressed in terms of the Riemann zeta function as γ = ζ(0.5).

3. Why is the lowest coefficient of the i part of Riemann exponents important in number theory?

The value of the lowest coefficient of the i part of Riemann exponents is important in number theory because it is closely related to the distribution of prime numbers. In particular, the Riemann zeta function, which is connected to γ, can provide insights into the behavior of prime numbers and their proximity to each other.

4. How does the value of γ affect the Riemann hypothesis?

The Riemann hypothesis, which remains unsolved, states that all non-trivial zeros of the Riemann zeta function lie on the line with a real part of 0.5. The value of γ plays a crucial role in this hypothesis, as it is the only constant that can shift the location of the zeros. If γ is not equal to 0.5, then the Riemann hypothesis would be proven false.

5. Can the value of the lowest coefficient of the i part of Riemann exponents be calculated?

Yes, the value of the lowest coefficient of the i part of Riemann exponents can be calculated using various methods, such as the Euler-Maclaurin formula or the functional equation of the Riemann zeta function. However, it is a complex and ongoing area of research, and the exact value of γ has not yet been determined.