Magnetic field and current tendency

In summary, The conversation discusses the calculation of the strength of the current in the bottom wire (I2) in a two-wire system with a distance of 10cm between them. The equivalent magnetic field at point P is zero. The solution involves setting up equations and using trigonometry to find the vectors for each wire's magnetic field at point S and adding them together to find the total magnetic field.
ayalala
1. Two-wire, long, straight parallel 10cm distant from each other, as shown in the chart.
Upper wire current issue I1 = 6A trend into the top level.
A. What are the strength of the current tendency I2 bottom wire, if the magnetic field equivalent at P equal Zero?
b. What is the equivalent magnetic field point? Q
C. What is the equivalent magnetic field point S?

2. not sure what to use

3. a) B[tot]=B1-B2=0

B1= μ0I1/ 2π*0.15
B2= μ0I2/ 2π*0.05

μ0I1/ 2π*0.15 = μ0 I2/ 2π*0.05
6/0.15= I2/0.05
0.3=0.15 I2
I2=2A

b) ??

c)B=√B1^2+B2^2 (?)

Thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

• Doc2.doc
    84 KB · Views: 223
Physics news on Phys.org
(b) Just do the same setup as you did for (a) except swap the distances for the two current carrying wires.

(c) Not sure what you are doing, but it is best if you draw the magnetic field lines from each wire at point S. That way you will know how to add the vectors.

Thank you.

So basically for B it should be the same answer?

As for c:

If I understand correctly I need to "break" te view of each wire at point S and then:

B1(x access)=Bcosθ
B1(y access)=Bcosθ

then find vector for B1

same for B2

and to add them both?

(b) Won't be the same answer, but you would solve it in a similar fashion as (a).

(c) You are right that you need to break the magnetic field up into its components for B1 and do the same for B2. Be careful with the trigonometry. I am not sure what angle you choose, but make sure you use the correct sin and cos.

Solved

Thx.

Related to Magnetic field and current tendency

1. What is a magnetic field?

A magnetic field is a region in space where a magnetic force can be detected. It is created by moving electric charges, such as those found in electric currents or magnetic materials.

2. How is a magnetic field measured?

The strength of a magnetic field can be measured using a device called a magnetometer. This device detects the direction and magnitude of the magnetic field at a particular point.

3. What is the relationship between magnetic fields and electric currents?

Magnetic fields and electric currents are closely related. When an electric current flows through a wire, it creates a magnetic field around the wire. Similarly, a changing magnetic field can induce an electric current in a nearby conductor.

4. How do magnetic fields affect charged particles?

Charged particles, such as electrons, protons, and ions, are affected by magnetic fields. They will experience a force when moving through a magnetic field, causing them to change direction.

5. Can magnetic fields be shielded or blocked?

Yes, magnetic fields can be shielded or blocked using materials such as iron or steel. These materials are able to redirect the magnetic field lines, reducing its strength in a particular area.