How does the physics of electrostatic energy transfer work in the human body?

In summary, some people believe in the concept of acu-energy or bio-energy, where they can manipulate their own magnetic fields to affect others. However, this is often dismissed as pseudoscience and there is no scientific evidence to support it. The concept of the Kirlian effect, where a person's aura is captured on film, has also been debunked. Static buildup and discharge is a natural occurrence and can be controlled with a static field generator, but controlling where it discharges is complicated. Ultimately, focusing one's magnetic field like a laser beam from their finger to another person's body is not possible without the use of external tools or devices.
Erdem
how can I induct and even focus my magnetic field (like laser beam) from my finger (look "kirlian photo" from google) to the other persons body. i call this acu-energy. some call bio-energy.

what is the physics behind it.
how electomagnetic waves travel in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Uh, what?

- Warren

Originally posted by chroot
Uh, what?

- Warren

Ditto.

What, you guys never saw X-Men?

Originally posted by russ_watters
What, you guys never saw X-Men?

Sure, but he's no Magneto :wink:

Originally posted by Erdem
how can I induct and even focus my magnetic field (like laser beam) from my finger (look "kirlian photo" from google) to the other persons body.

Simpel: attach a magnet to your finger. This works better with a bigger magnet. :smile:

Originally posted by futz
Sure, but he's no Magneto :wink:
So maybe he's trying to be Magneto. May I suggest more iron (ferrous) in your diet?

Originally posted by Erdem
how can I induct and even focus my magnetic field (like laser beam) from my finger (look "kirlian photo" from google) to the other persons body. i call this acu-energy. some call bio-energy.

some call it ...

look here:
http://skepdic.com/kirlian.html

Last edited:
I did a google search and noticed most sites on this bogus topic wanted to sell you something.
Here's an even better page by a guy who is really into the Kirlian effect while understanding it is NOT an aura. So he takes it seriously, but he also understands what's really going on.

http://www.geocities.com/lemagicien_2000/kfpage/kf.html

Last edited:

Static buildup is often caused by the friction rubbing of your bodies skin and hairs against various clothing, or from various clothing to verarious other cloths (i.e. carpets, fur, rugs, etc..), which basically builds up a static charge on your body. When you come in close contact with someone or something that does not have a charge of equal field strength, or has an opposite charged field, or a charge that is of much greater field strength than yours, then the two fields will attract each other and discharge.

This static build up and discharge occures pretty much constantly on your body each and every day, however the voltage and currents produced are usually so small that you do not notice it.

To make a charge and discharge it at will, you would need to create some sort of static field generator. However, controlling where the static field will discharge would of course be the much more complecated thing.

Good luck. Think Safe!

Originally posted by speso72

To make a charge and discharge it at will, you would need to create some sort of static field generator. However, controlling where the static field will discharge would of course be the much more complecated thing.

Good luck. Think Safe!

You could create a constant static charge at your fingertip, but the reaction between it and an object which you'd be likely to find in everyday life wouldn't be that great unless the object had a particularly powerful charge. If you wanted to make large exchanges of electrical energy between you and average objects, you should make some machine to give you a large positive or negative charge, that way you'd react greatly with most any object you could find. In order to be safe you could build yourself a rubber body suit with a built in oxygen tank and go around zapping anything you want.

There would be a big problem with focusing your energy at will, since it would just go to the thing which had the greatest opposing charge that it could. Maybe if you had a sort of metal wire which you could fire at an object and then transfer the electricity through that it could work.

Then again, you might as well get a tazer...

1. What is a magnetic field and how does it affect my finger?

A magnetic field is an invisible force created by moving electric charges. It can affect your finger by causing any magnetic materials to be attracted or repelled by it, depending on the direction of the field.

2. Can a magnetic field on my finger be harmful?

In most cases, no. The magnetic field on your finger is likely very weak and not strong enough to cause harm. However, if you have a pacemaker or other electronic device implanted in your body, you should avoid strong magnetic fields as they can interfere with these devices.

3. How can I measure the strength of the magnetic field on my finger?

You can use a magnetometer, which is a device that measures the strength and direction of magnetic fields. They are commonly found in smartphones and can be used to measure the magnetic field on your finger.

4. What can cause a magnetic field on my finger?

There are a few possible causes of a magnetic field on your finger. It could be from wearing magnetic jewelry or coming into contact with a strong magnet. In some cases, it could also be due to a medical condition called magnetoreception, where a person can sense magnetic fields.

5. Can I control the strength of the magnetic field on my finger?

No, the strength of the magnetic field on your finger is determined by factors outside of your control, such as the strength of the magnet or the intensity of the Earth's magnetic field. However, you can avoid or limit exposure to strong magnetic fields to reduce the effects on your finger.