Magnetization vector direction for rotated PM bodies in ANSOFT MAXWELL 3D

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
MOTASH
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi

I'm having an issue ANSOFT MAXWELL :
Assigning a permanent magnetic material to a body (for ex NDFE35) provides me a means of setting the magnetization direction (through x,y,z unit vectors ) inside the material settings

so if i have multiple PM bodies rotated :-
1- do i need to create a specific material for each according to their rotation angle ?
2- how do the transient solver behave if these bodies are moved, will it correct the vectors accordingly?

it seems that I'm missing something, please help
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi Motash,
I ever had the same issue. Then i was try to find it out, and unfortunately Maxwell didn't turn the magnetisation direction with the turning of the Magnet-object. I forgot, if I could use a formula with the angle as a variable parameter value in the XYZ- and coercivity rows at the material-databank, which represents the value of the turning. I'm not sure anymore. (Maybe I was too lazy and I just created several materials). Anyway I didn't like that habit of maxwell 3D v11
Oeder