Magnitude of acceleration hwk check

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 3K views
Mister T said:
Just like you drew it in your original picture, except you would omit ##m \vec{g}## and ##\vec{F}_N##.
Yep and I see why now, thanks so much for not giving me the answers and making me work for it.

Am I right now with my mind of thinking
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ashley1nOnly said:
X
(F1-f2cos(62))/m =a

Y

(F2sin(62))/m =a

Now how do we combine them

The first equation is actually equal to ax, the second is equal to ay.

Do you know how to combine them to find the magnitude of ##\vec{a}##?

Alternatively, you could have combined Fx and Fy to find the magnitude of ##\vec{F}## first. And then divided that by m to find the magnitude of ##\vec{a}##.
 
Mister T said:
Just like you drew it in your original picture, except you would omit ##m \vec{g}## and ##\vec{F}_N##.
Then going on with the problem to finish it

I have everything summed up
F(net)=(9-8cos(62))i +(F2sin(62))j
=5.24i + 7.06j
Take the magnitude of it
Sqrt( (5.24)^2+(7.06)^2)
=8.8
Which gave me the next force. Now in order to find the acceleration I know that
F(net)=ma

A= f(net)/m
A=8.8/3.0
A=2.93