Want to See Marlon's Short Movie?

In summary: I'm just curious about the movie. Thanks for the summary. In summary, the movie is about a guy who is an "actor" and he plays a part in a movie made by students. The movie is very short and it is in Dutch, but I think the plot should be clear if you watch it all the way through. The movie is good quality, but I wasn't expecting it to look so professional. My Dutch is rusty so I picked up on the symbolism of the posters during the one scene. One of the posters has a man with his arms out and the playboy bunny. That was clever. The link doesn't work for me. :( The link doesn't work for me. :( :( :( :( In
marlon
Hey guys,

Since i all know i am going to be a "star actor" (please no laughing now). I give you this link of a movie in which i played. It is made by students from Sint Lukas in Bruxelles.

Ok, the movie is very short and it is in Dutch but i think that the plot should be clear if you watch it all the way through.

You need Quicktime to view it and i suggest that you download the picture first (right mouseclick on the link and then click on "save target as"). Then you can look at it in full screen. Sometimes the images are a bit dark so you need to adapt the brightness of your monitor.

So, sit back, relax and enjoy this piece of art this evening, together with your boy/girlfriend(s).

I am the guy you see in the opening scene
The girl with the nice curly hair is my girlfriend :)

www.lostwoodsfilms.com/video/lostwoodsremembrance.mov[/URL]

regards

marlon, future academy award winner

PS : AND YES, Germany is going to win the world cup and Argentine will beat Holland tonight with 2 to 0

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice job Nick. It was well made, though a bit overtly dramatic. I gathered it was about someones death. My Dutch is a bit rusty as it is non-existent (sounded similar to German). I picked up on the symbolism of the posters during the one sceen. First the man with his arms out, then the playboy bunny. That was clever.

Anyways, nice job...can I get your autograph? :rofl:

Wow! I wasn't expecting it to look so professional. I was expecting a home movie like the mentos and diet coke videos.

Ah, I get it. There all dead except for him! Duh...I should have suspected such a movie from you!

The link doesn't work for me. :frown:

Evo said:
right-click and select "save target as..."

Evo said:

It's loading, it does not stream. Move the cursor to the bottom of the IE, you will see an hour glass as it loads.

Oh, it's quick time, I don't use that.

It's also 45.8 MB. :rolleyes:

It's good quality, that's why.

did anyone else not get it?

I already explained it yomamma :rolleyes:

Read post #4

what about the symbolism of the Shawshank Redemption and playboy posters? apperantly I'm missing something...

yomamma said:
did anyone else not get it?
Ik ken één van beide het geen Nederlands, yomamma. Maar ik denk het iets heeft om iemand te doen het sterven.
Marlon kan u een verbinding met Engelse ondertitels alstublieft posten maar leet ook zou werken.?

I want to know what everyone is saying! :cry:

Very nice job Marlon. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Evo said:
Oh, it's quick time, I don't use that.
well, you can download this software for free from the apple-website or just google for it. This takes only a few minutes.

marlon

Astronuc said:
It's also 45.8 MB. :rolleyes:
you don't have to download the entire file. Just click on the link and after a while the movie will start. You need Quicktime to be installed already.

regards

marlon

cyrusabdollahi said:
Ah, I get it. There all dead except for him!
Correctamundo

Duh...I should have suspected such a movie from you!
:rofl:

marlon

scott1 said:
Ik ken één van beide het geen Nederlands, yomamma. Maar ik denk het iets heeft om iemand te doen het sterven.
Marlon kan u een verbinding met Engelse ondertitels alstublieft posten maar leet ook zou werken.?
Err, is this supposed to be Dutch ? You used a translation software, right ?

Anyhow, this is just a part of the movie. The entire movie will have subtitles and will appear on the web once all work is over.

marlon

yomamma said:
what about the symbolism of the Shawshank Redemption and playboy posters? apperantly I'm missing something...
you only need to focus on me, dammit...

marlon

Ivan Seeking said:
I want to know what everyone is saying! :cry:

Very nice job Marlon. :cool: :cool: :cool:
Thanks man, appreciate it.

Now, normally, the version with subtitles will be ready in a few weeks. If i have some extra time, i will translate what is said in this version.

regards

marlon

Movie With Subtitles

Ok Guys, I got the movie with English subtitles. Youcan just see it by clicking on the "Remembrance" link in this website. Just chose your language to be English at the beginning.

http://www.lostwoodsfilms.com/

enjoy and let me know your feedback.

marlon brando

ps : again, you need Quicktime which you can download for free from the Apple website. Just google for it.

AND TO BE CLEAR : MARLON = MAX

marlon

Wonderful marlon! :approve:

Thanks Evo...appreciate it...

ps : i hope you are not too angry with me, you know because of whether women should rule or not

regards
marlon

marlon said:
Thanks Evo...appreciate it...

ps : i hope you are not too angry with me, you know because of whether women should rule or not

regards
marlon
Not at all. :smile:

I was!11 not really:tongue2: But don't worry. I'm over it. :rofl:

Hey Guys, for you who are interested, i have a new shortmovie coming up in a few weeks. I will post the result on YouTube.

regards
marlon

Great news guys, the marlon shortmovie Remembrance is selected in the HomeMade filmcompetition in Nijmegen in the Netherlands. Trust me, it is not the biggest film festival but it is a good start. Keep in mind that this movie was just a student movie.

4th of October, they announce the winners in a special show. So let's get them tuxido's and look extra "star-like" :rofl:

regards
marlon

Good news! Keep up the good work and let us know about it :biggrin:

To anyone who is having trouble with quicktime, check out quicktime alternative.

You don't have to install all that apple crap on your computer. You can also download the entire quicktime file to your computer and watch it full screen with the media player it comes with. The standard quicktime doesn't allow you to do this,
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

Marlon:
Good stuff man. I like your acting. I especially enjoyed the part, where the chick says "it's better this way", it starts a slow fade, and shows your face. You portray sorrow, distance, shock, and then it repeats the "it's better this way" (not much of fan of this part, I think you showed more emotion here than having that repeat... but hey, I'm not a director so...) and your eyes dart a bit. It looked good. It didn't look like a cheesy student production.

In fact the production quality in general was very nice. Seems like they have a nice camera. I definitely dig the widescreen (was it cropped to this, or shot this way). But most importantly, there is good sound quality. That's usually the downfall for student work. Anyways, it was cool man. You seem like you would be good in a "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" type movie.

FrogPad said:
Marlon:
Good stuff man. I like your acting. I especially enjoyed the part, where the chick says "it's better this way", it starts a slow fade, and shows your face. You portray sorrow, distance, shock, and then it repeats the "it's better this way" (not much of fan of this part, I think you showed more emotion here than having that repeat... but hey, I'm not a director so...) and your eyes dart a bit. It looked good. It didn't look like a cheesy student production.
Thanks man, i appreciate that.

In fact the production quality in general was very nice. Seems like they have a nice camera. I definitely dig the widescreen (was it cropped to this, or shot this way). But most importantly, there is good sound quality. That's usually the downfall for student work. Anyways, it was cool man. You seem like you would be good in a "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" type movie.
I don't really know which camera they used but it was very expensive :rofl:. No no, really it was. Indeed you are also right about the sound being a very dangerous topic for student movies. I have had many problems with that in other films. Obviously, i am not showing those because they suck. :)

The movie was shot in widescreen, that i know.

Thanks again man

marlon

Dimitri Terryn said:
Good news! Keep up the good work and let us know about it :biggrin:
Thanks

I will let you know the result of the contest.

marlon

1. What is the concept of Marlon's short movie?

The concept of Marlon's short movie is a drama about a young man's journey to find his true passion in life.

2. Who is the director of Marlon's short movie?

The director of Marlon's short movie is Marlon himself.

3. Where can I watch Marlon's short movie?

Marlon's short movie can be watched on various streaming platforms, such as YouTube or Vimeo.

4. How long is Marlon's short movie?

Marlon's short movie has a runtime of approximately 20 minutes.

5. What inspired Marlon to create this short movie?

Marlon was inspired by his own personal experiences and struggles in finding his passion, as well as the stories of others who have gone through similar journeys.