Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Marlon Short Movie

1. Jun 21, 2006 #1
    Hey guys,

Since i all know i am going to be a "star actor" (please no laughing now). I give you this link of a movie in which i played. It is made by students from Sint Lukas in Bruxelles.

Ok, the movie is very short and it is in Dutch but i think that the plot should be clear if you watch it all the way through.

You need Quicktime to view it and i suggest that you download the picture first (right mouseclick on the link and then click on "save target as"). Then you can look at it in full screen. Sometimes the images are a bit dark so you need to adapt the brightness of your monitor.

So, sit back, relax and enjoy this piece of art this evening, together with your boy/girlfriend(s).

I am the guy you see in the opening scene
    The girl with the nice curly hair is my girlfriend :)

MOVIE

regards

marlon, future academy award winner

PS : AND YES, Germany is gonna win the world cup and Argentine will beat Holland tonight with 2 to 0

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2006 #2
    Nice job Nick. It was well made, though a bit overtly dramatic. I gathered it was about someones death. My Dutch is a bit rusty as it is non-existent (sounded similar to German). I picked up on the symbolism of the posters during the one sceen. First the man with his arms out, then the playboy bunny. That was clever.

Anyways, nice job.....can I get your autograph??? :rofl:

4. Jun 21, 2006 #3
    Wow! I wasn't expecting it to look so professional. I was expecting a home movie like the mentos and diet coke videos.

5. Jun 21, 2006 #4
    Ah, I get it. There all dead except for him! Duh...I should have suspected such a movie from you!

6. Jun 21, 2006 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

The link doesn't work for me. :frown:

7. Jun 21, 2006 #6

JamesU

Gold Member

right-click and select "save target as..."

8. Jun 21, 2006 #7
    It's loading, it does not stream. Move the cursor to the bottom of the IE, you will see an hour glass as it loads.

9. Jun 21, 2006 #8

Evo

Oh, it's quick time, I don't use that.

10. Jun 21, 2006 #9

Astronuc

It's also 45.8 MB. :rolleyes:

11. Jun 21, 2006 #10
    It's good quality, that's why.

12. Jun 21, 2006 #11

JamesU

Gold Member

did anyone else not get it?

13. Jun 21, 2006 #12
    I already explained it yomamma :rolleyes:

Read post #4

14. Jun 21, 2006 #13

JamesU

Gold Member

what about the symbolism of the Shawshank Redemption and playboy posters? apperantly I'm missing something...

15. Jun 21, 2006 #14
    Ik ken één van beide het geen Nederlands, yomamma. Maar ik denk het iets heeft om iemand te doen het sterven.
    Marlon kan u een verbinding met Engelse ondertitels alstublieft posten maar leet ook zou werken.?

16. Jun 22, 2006 #15

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I want to know what everyone is saying!!! :cry:

Very nice job Marlon. :cool: :cool: :cool:

17. Jun 22, 2006 #16
    well, you can download this software for free from the apple-website or just google for it. This takes only a few minutes.

marlon

18. Jun 22, 2006 #17
    you don't have to download the entire file. Just click on the link and after a while the movie will start. You need Quicktime to be installed already.

regards

marlon

19. Jun 22, 2006 #18
    Correctamundo

:rofl:

marlon

20. Jun 22, 2006 #19
    Err, is this supposed to be Dutch ? You used a translation software, right ?

Anyhow, this is just a part of the movie. The entire movie will have subtitles and will appear on the web once all work is over.

marlon

21. Jun 22, 2006 #20
    you only need to focus on me, dammit...

marlon

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?