Is the author of Mary Poppins deceased?

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary: Besides, go find your own virgins man...But then again, why am i not surprised you have got to ask for them on a public forum...:rofl:...jeeezzuusss
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
"Mary Poppins" author dead!

Okay, it happened 10 years ago, I just thought she'd died in the Pleiocene or something.
She seems to have been quite a woman:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/books/10/17/books.poppinsauthor.ap/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
how interesting...not.

You sure do love the celeb gossip my friend. :rolleyes:

cyrusabdollahi said:
how interesting...not.

You sure do love the celeb gossip my friend. :rolleyes:
Leave him alone man...or do you need another spanking ?

I did not know this information about the author of Mary Poppins... SPIT SPOT...Loved that musical/film...

Chim chimmeney chim, chimmeney...

marlon, who feels like a kid again

Marlon, I disowned you from the family long ago. :rofl:

You people and your gossip...:rolleyes:

Just like the thread about how tom cruize was on the tv...arg :yuck:

Here, you two go nuts: http://www.eonline.com/

cyrusabdollahi said:
Marlon, I disowned you from the family long ago. :rofl:

err, whatever...

You people and your gossip...:rolleyes:

Just like the thread about how tom cruize was on the tv...arg :yuck:
If you don't like it or you did not care about it, you would not take the effort to reply each time.

Since this is obviously NOT the case, you are again lying...Stop being such a hyppocrite man...this is not the first time i have to tell you this.

Here, you two go nuts: http://www.eonline.com/

Ohhh, that's a website we did not know about :rolleyes:

Try to be a bit more creative man...anyone can take a picture :wink:

marlon

marlon said:
err, whatever...

That's not going to get you back into the family. Try harder :rolleyes:

If you don't like it or you did not care about it, you would not take the effort to reply each time.

I don't like you, but I still reply don't I?

Since this is obviously NOT the case, you are again lying...Stop being such a hyppocrite man...this is not the first time i have to tell you this.

Ohhh, that's a website we did not know about :rolleyes:

Don't be mad because I found out your homepage. :bugeye:

Try to be a bit more creative man...anyone can take a picture :wink:

Yeah, but no one can look as good as me.

Best Wishes,

Cyrus

P.S. If you need someone to Idolize, Idolize me! I am your god pegan, bow before all that is great! Give me sacrificial virgins and you shall get your acting career. :devil:

I have a great part lined up for your as an umpa-lumpa.

Last edited:
P.L. Travers was a fine children's writer. I grew up on the Mary Poppins books (yes it WAS back in the Pleistecene). In my opinion the movie does not do the books justice. It skews the story of the family, making Mr. Banks into the stupid sort of tyrannical dodo that sitcoms love, and the mother into a terminally silly suffragette. In the real stories they were very much secondary characters but treated with dignity. And the relentless cheeriness of the movie does not correspond to the very tart ambience of the stories. Consider the artfully sinister chapter "The Doulton Bowl", for example. All the menace of Lemony Slickett without the camp.

If you haven't read them, give yourself a treat and check them out of the library.

cyrusabdollahi said:
That's not going to get you back into the family. Try harder :rolleyes:

Back in the family ? What family ? :rolleyes:

I don't like you, but I still reply don't I?
But that's my point. You say "i don't like..." but this is a lie. Otherwise you can only be a poor sucka with too much time on his hands. But that would be so painfully obvious, no ?

Don't be mad because I found out your homepage. :bugeye:

I ain't mad, i am just saying that you should not waste your time by stating such superfluous stuff. It makes you look quite, err, superfluous.

Yeah, but no one can look as good as me.

Irrelevant, since we are talking about "takin' pictures" not "bein' in pictures"...For the rest, i will leave you with your dreams.

Best Wishes,
Idem Dito

Cyrus

marlon

P.S. If you need someone to Idolize, Idolize me! I am your god pegan, bow before all that is great! Give me sacrificial virgins and you shall get your acting career. :devil:
Thanks for the offer but i am going to decline it because of "the lookin' superfluous stuff" i mentioned...:wink:

Besides, go find your own virgins man...But then again, why am i not surprised you have got to ask for them on a public forum...:rofl:...jeeezzuusss

But that's my point. You say "i don't like..." but this is a lie. Otherwise you can only be a poor sucka with too much time on his hands. But that would be so painfully obvious, no ?

:rofl: Rightttt, got any more videos you made of your cats, or twirlling your fingers? :rofl:

I ain't mad, i am just saying that you should not waste your time by stating such superfluous stuff. It makes you look quite, err, superfluous.

Thanks for the offer but i am going to decline it because of "the lookin' superfluous stuff" i mentioned...:wink:

Is superfluous the word of the day on dictionary.com? :rofl:

Irrelevant, since we are talking about "takin' pictures" not "bein' in pictures"...For the rest, i will leave you with your dreams.

My dreams are your obsession, and you know it.

Besides, go find your own virgins man...But then again, why am i not surprised you have got to ask for them on a public forum...:rofl:...jeeezzuusss

Keep it up, you'll never get to play an umpa-lumpa with that attitude marlon.

Yours truly,

Cyrus

You know marlon, you lie too much, you take my stuff, and I know your screwing my girlfriend. You REALLY do deser-ve to di-eeee.

Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:
:rofl: Rightttt, got any more videos you made of your cats, or twirlling your fingers? :rofl:

Haha so sad, you bring in topics that have nothing to do with you bein' totally redundant...

Anyhow, don't laugh with stuff that you are not able to do yourself. Besides, you certainly should not laugh with stuff you said was good and funny. But i guess you forgot about that, no ? Dont' worry, i still have the prove to refresh your memory.

AI AIAIAIiii, so sad...

Is superfluous the word of the day on dictionary.com? :rofl:

Is this the joke of the day on alsoIcanbefunny.com

My dreams are your obsession, and you know it.

Nope, that's what you would want but again, you ain't that good boy...

Keep it up, you'll never get to play an umpa-lumpa with that attitude marlon.

Do i really care ?

You know marlon, you lie too much, you take my stuff, and I know your screwing my girlfriend. You REALLY do deser-ve to di-eeee.
Again, this is very sad. First of all, the text is incorrect so the effect of what you are trying to achieve is totally gone. Secondly, YOU do not have a girlfriend as you told me several times. Finally, i don't take your stuff because there is nothing "to take"...Ok, just some pictures of buildings maybe, but than again, not much to do with those no ?

Bye bye

marlon

ps : my dear Theo Sarapo, i am hoping you will give an intelligent remark now, just for a change

:rofl: Classic. I'll think of something to say later.

with all my love,

Cyrus

cyrusabdollahi said:
:rofl: Classic. I'll think of something to say later.

with all my love,

Cyrus
:rofl: Classic. You do that buddy...GOOD LUCK

dal tutto mio cuore

marlon

cyrus...i am waiting...the longer you wait, the more "stupid" your answer is going to look...

...just doin' you a favour man...

your personal guru

marlon

1. What is the name of the author of "Mary Poppins" and is she still alive?

The author of "Mary Poppins" is P.L. Travers and she passed away on April 23, 1996 at the age of 96.

2. Did P.L. Travers write any other books besides "Mary Poppins"?

Yes, P.L. Travers wrote several other books, including the sequels to "Mary Poppins" titled "Mary Poppins Comes Back" and "Mary Poppins Opens the Door". She also wrote other novels, short stories, and poetry.

3. How did P.L. Travers come up with the idea for "Mary Poppins"?

P.L. Travers was inspired by her own childhood experiences and imagination. She also drew inspiration from the traditional English nursery rhymes and fairy tales she grew up with.

4. Did P.L. Travers approve of the Disney adaptation of "Mary Poppins"?

No, P.L. Travers was very critical of the Disney adaptation of "Mary Poppins" and had a difficult relationship with Walt Disney himself. She believed that the film did not capture the true essence of her story and characters.

5. Is there a real-life Mary Poppins in P.L. Travers' life?

There is no evidence that P.L. Travers had a real-life inspiration for the character of Mary Poppins. However, it is believed that the character may have been based on a combination of her own personality traits and characteristics of the traditional English governess.