Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mass flow controller repair

1. Mar 11, 2015 #1
    Would love to talk to anyonw that is familiar with MKS instruments 1179A Mass Flow controllers. I have taken apart a MKS mass flow controller and am trying to fix it but I am not sure where to get replacement parts, or even what some of the parts do.Most specifically is a small block on top of the main control block that has a very small diameter stainless stell capillary tube and an electronic ribbon with 3 wires in it. It is out of warranty so all I know is that it doesn't work and I would like it to. But this is really more of a learning experience than anything so that I can see how these controllers work. It mainly looks like the company would like to work on their own products and that there is not a lot of replacement parts available as far as I can see. Would appreciate any help from someone who has done this before.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Mar 17, 2015 #3
    I am having a hard time finding any repair parts for a MKS 1179A mass fow controller. I think that the company is trying to make money by not selling repair parts. Has any body else had the same experience?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook