Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MATHCAD Array Operation Doesn't Work for Long Vectors!

Tags:
  1. Feb 29, 2012 #1
    Hello,

I am looking for some advice. I'm trying to perform array operations on vectors in MATHCAD. I am able to do it for vectors and matrices that have both dimensions that are 9 units or shorter. Anything that is 10 units or longer (ex, a vector with 10 elements) outputs a result such as:

log(Y)→ = black dot black dot

→ is the vectorized arrow.

Has anyone had a similar issue? If so, what can I do to fix it?

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2012 #2
    Unfortunately, without seeing your worksheet (or even a picture), it's difficult to say. I regularly apply the vectorize operator over millions of elements. If you could post the worksheet (you'll have to zip it before the Forum will allow you to download it), that will help get to the bottom of the problem.

NR

4. May 29, 2012 #3
    Consider the possibility that it could simply be a display issue...I would look into the help, the search option and search for display results or matrices or something .... or go to Options or something along those lines...somewhere

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook