Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Matlab code guide me ZZZZZZZZZZ

1. Jun 2, 2009 #1
    Hi i Would like to solve the the following eqn using Matlab

Since Im new to Matlab, I would request u to help me in this regard
    (∂^2 T)/〖∂r〗^2 + 1/r (∂T )/∂r+(∂^2 T)/〖∂z〗^2 = 1/α (∂T )/∂t+τ/α (∂^2 T)/〖∂t〗^2 - { (1+δ(t) )-(1+δ(t-tp) }*IoKa/k 〖exp( - 2r/σ^2 〗_^2)exp(-zka)

where δ(t) =76ns

Δz = 0.- 2.5
    Δz = 2.5 - 50
    Δr = 4

If Δz = 0.- 2.5, I have to use thermal properties of my material

if Δz = 2.5 - 50, I have to use thermal properties of glass.

Could u help me in this regards
    Forward Message

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 2, 2009 #2

MATLABdude

Science Advisor

Please do not start multiple threads with the exact same message; this will not increase the likelihood of a response, no matter how many z's you add. Additionally, this probably more properly belongs in the Homework Help subforum.

Now then, what are you trying to solve for? T?

Also, you seem to have a mixture of [itex]\Delta[/itex], [itex]\delta[/itex], and ∂. Do these all mean the same thing, or do they stand for Finite Difference, change, partial derivative, etc.?

4. Jun 4, 2009 #3
    no it means finite differnce, change,partial derivative

all are not same

And SORRY for it, Im New to this forum

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  5. Jun 5, 2009 #4
    You seem to have a second order differential equation. I assume you have the values for the constants. MATLAB has built in functions to solve this kind of equations, you can use the 'help' menu to go and look for the best thing that fits your system.

6. Jun 9, 2009 #5
    I think its hard to solve second order PDE using matlab

AS Im new to Matlab I dont to how to proceed

7. Jun 9, 2009 #6
    Hi Since Im New to Matlab

Im finding difficuilty in solving second order PDE in MATLAB

COuld u plz help me

8. Jun 9, 2009 #7
    Yes, but would you first try and look into the 'help' section of MATLAB and search for partial differential equation solvers , from there, try to select possible ways to solve your equation.

I needed to solve an ordinary second order differential equation once. I changed it into a 2 first order differential equations, then transformed it into a matrix form (MATLAB is quite good with matrices) and solved. I am not sure how to progress with partial differential equations though.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook