Matlab code guide me ZZZZZZZZZZ

In summary, you are having difficulty solving a second order differential equation using Matlab. You might want to try looking into the 'help' section of the software and searching for Partial Differential Equation solvers.
psm1
Hi i Would like to solve the the following eqn using Matlab

Since I am new to Matlab, I would request u to help me in this regard
(∂^2 T)/〖∂r〗^2 + 1/r (∂T )/∂r+(∂^2 T)/〖∂z〗^2 = 1/α (∂T )/∂t+τ/α (∂^2 T)/〖∂t〗^2 - { (1+δ(t) )-(1+δ(t-tp) }*IoKa/k 〖exp( - 2r/σ^2 〗_^2)exp(-zka)

where δ(t) =76ns

Δz = 0.- 2.5
Δz = 2.5 - 50
Δr = 4

If Δz = 0.- 2.5, I have to use thermal properties of my material

if Δz = 2.5 - 50, I have to use thermal properties of glass.

Could u help me in this regards
Forward Message

Physics news on Phys.org
Please do not start multiple threads with the exact same message; this will not increase the likelihood of a response, no matter how many z's you add. Additionally, this probably more properly belongs in the Homework Help subforum.

Now then, what are you trying to solve for? T?

Also, you seem to have a mixture of [itex]\Delta[/itex], [itex]\delta[/itex], and ∂. Do these all mean the same thing, or do they stand for Finite Difference, change, partial derivative, etc.?

no it means finite differnce, change,partial derivative

all are not same

And SORRY for it, I am New to this forum

Last edited:
You seem to have a second order differential equation. I assume you have the values for the constants. MATLAB has built in functions to solve this kind of equations, you can use the 'help' menu to go and look for the best thing that fits your system.

I think its hard to solve second order PDE using matlab

AS I am new to Matlab I don't to how to proceed

Hi Since I am New to Matlab

Im finding difficuilty in solving second order PDE in MATLAB

COuld u please help me

Yes, but would you first try and look into the 'help' section of MATLAB and search for partial differential equation solvers , from there, try to select possible ways to solve your equation.

I needed to solve an ordinary second order differential equation once. I changed it into a 2 first order differential equations, then transformed it into a matrix form (MATLAB is quite good with matrices) and solved. I am not sure how to progress with partial differential equations though.

1. What is Matlab?

Matlab is a high-level programming language and interactive environment specifically designed for numerical computation, data analysis, and visualization.

2. What is the purpose of a Matlab code guide?

A Matlab code guide provides a set of guidelines and best practices for writing efficient, readable, and maintainable code in Matlab. It helps users avoid common mistakes and ensure consistency in their code.

3. How can a Matlab code guide improve my coding skills?

By following a Matlab code guide, you can learn proper coding techniques and organization, which can greatly improve the quality and efficiency of your code. It can also help you become more familiar with the language and its features.

4. Are there any specific rules or conventions I should follow in a Matlab code guide?

Yes, a Matlab code guide typically includes rules for naming conventions, code formatting, commenting, and documentation. It may also cover specific guidelines for writing functions, scripts, and classes.

5. Where can I find a Matlab code guide to follow?

There are various resources available online that provide Matlab code guides, including the official Matlab documentation, tutorials, and community forums. You can also create your own code guide based on your personal coding preferences and needs.