Matlab Simulink Tutorial: Design Optic System with IR Light Source

In summary, the conversation involves someone asking for help with designing a system that includes an IR light source, FTIR spectrometer, and lock-in amplifier. They also ask for advice on plotting frequency response and performing signal sweeps. The person mentions using spectrum scope in Simulink and mentions the need for a zero order hold and a power of 2 buffer size. They also mention drawing a root locus and finding an LED block in Simulink.
runo
Hello,

I'm trying to model a optic sytem, includes a IR light source, FTIR spectrometer, and lock-in amplifier. I wonder if anyone has knowledge about any tutorials for designing such a system.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
hello,
can anyone help me how to plot freq response in simulink

to plot frequency response you have to use spectrum scope from simulink library .
but you should take care of some things:
first if you are using analog signal you can't see it directly on spectrum scope as you should use azero order hold before it with agood sampling time.
also you should make the buffer size in spectrum scope bigger than the fft lenght
also both of them is power of 2 as 4, 8,16,64,128 ...etc.
i hope this help you

;

hello there
i am actually designiing a pid controller for amb position control
can u tell me how to plot disturbance freq sweep

thanx for the reply oufa
can you also tell me
1. how can i perform cos and sine wave signal sweep at a specified amplitude
2. how to draw root locus for a system?

Hi
Could u try these fiels my help u
Plz can u help me to find the LED block in simulink, I tried in Matlab simulink 2010b, and I could not find it

Buha

View attachment SirnulinkTMbl ocks for simulation of light sources.pdf

View attachment A SIMULINK MODEL FOR SIMULATION OF OPTICAL.pdf

View attachment Building an Optical Transmitter and Receiver.pdf
runo said:
Hello,

I'm trying to model a optic sytem, includes a IR light source, FTIR spectrometer, and lock-in amplifier. I wonder if anyone has knowledge about any tutorials for designing such a system.

Thanks

1. What is Matlab Simulink?

Matlab Simulink is a simulation and modeling tool used for designing and analyzing dynamic systems. It uses a block diagram interface to model and simulate systems, making it a powerful tool for engineers and scientists.

2. What is the purpose of Simulink in designing an optic system with IR light source?

The purpose of using Simulink in designing an optic system with IR light source is to simulate and analyze the behavior of the system before implementing it in the physical world. This allows for optimization and troubleshooting of the design before any resources are invested in building it.

3. How do I get started with Simulink?

To get started with Simulink, you will first need to have Matlab installed on your computer. Then, you can open Simulink from the Matlab interface and start creating your model using the block diagram interface. There are also many online tutorials and resources available to help you learn Simulink.

4. Can Simulink simulate the behavior of an IR light source?

Yes, Simulink has the capability to simulate the behavior of an IR light source. You can use the blocks and tools provided in Simulink to create a model of the IR light source and its interactions with the optic system. This will allow you to analyze and optimize the design before implementing it in the physical world.

5. Are there any specific tips for designing an optic system with IR light source using Simulink?

Some tips for designing an optic system with IR light source using Simulink include using the built-in blocks and tools specifically designed for optics and light sources, properly defining the parameters and properties of the IR light source, and using different simulation scenarios to test and optimize the design. It is also important to have a good understanding of the principles of optics and light to effectively use Simulink for this purpose.