Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Maxwell 2D eddy current solver

1. Jul 28, 2009 #1
    Hello,

I am using Maxwell SV to model the magnetic field inside a solenoid coil. I am currently using the eddy current solver as I have an AC source (167 kHz). When I map the H field in the post processor is the software computing induced magnetic field due to eddy currents in the conductor or the overall magnetic field intensity?

My other question is somewhat unrelated. I was having problems with my color key in the post processor which appears completely black or with some of the colors blacked out. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you very much

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2011 #2
    Hi - I am not solving for Eddy currents and the colour index is not showing black BUT most of the colours are mixed and unusable. Has anyone else seen this? I would like to try setting my PC to 256 colours in case that helps but my current video card will not go lower than 16 bit colour.

4. Feb 9, 2011 #3
    Update: the color key works properly running the program in a Windows 2000 virtual machine on my normal XP PC. It is even likely that the solution could be generated under XP and the solved files mirrored across into the Win2k virtual machine.

Setting the program to compatibility mode for Win2k and (separately) setting compatability mode to 256 colour under XP did NOT work to fix the colour key.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook