Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MCNP-An equivalent way to describe a particular gama source

1. Nov 5, 2014 #1
    I had some problems finding out an equivalent way to describe a particular gama source.We can get the original way describing the particular gama source in this file: "1.txt", as well as its model in this file:"model.jpg",with this describing way,we can get the distribution of gama flux like file "distribution.xlsx" presented.

The disadvantage of the original describing way is taking too much time running the "1.txt" file. So I am trying to simplify the original gama source as a point gama sourece which has the same gama flux distribution as the former.My simplified description of the gama source can be found in this file:"2.txt", but I failed to get the same gama flux distribution as the former.

I am hoping for your advice with my deeply appreciation.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2014 #2
    Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Nov 10, 2014 #3
    Thanks for your reply!
    I need a special kind of source, whose gama flux distribution around the original point could be generated by a cylinder(consist of molybdenum) exposed to a plane surface electron source which is in a vacuo tube, the gama flux distribution of this source has been presented in my attached file "distribution.xlsx", and then, I am trying to simplified the gama source ( produced by a plane surface electron source exposed at the molybdenum cylinder) as a point gama source with the "SDEF" card, hoping it could cut down the running time of my input file. Making sure the simplified point gama source has the same geometric distribution as the original source.

Thank you advance!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook