Mechanical parts of a jet engine

In summary, Max suggests that you might be able to write something about the mechanical efficiency of the engine, the rotation of the blades, and how to calculate the speed of the engine.
Maximilian Popelier
Hi guys
I'm making a project about jet engine.
I need to write 10 pages of the mechanical part of a jet engine.
I already did it for physics.
What can i talk about. I need formules en stuff in the 10 pages
Ty for the help guys!
Max

Physics news on Phys.org
What have you found out for yourself so far ?

Please use some recognisable language when replying .

Likes Maximilian Popelier
Yes sorry for the language I am not a native English speaker but i will do my best.
I think I can write something about the mechanical efficiency of the engine.
Also about the rotation of the blades.
Maybe i can do something how to calculate the speed..
I can do something about the inertia force ( traagheidskracht in dutch).
I don't know if i can get good information of this things.
Maybe you have something in mind with good information?
Ty
Max

?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx0MqOfev7dnS01DMmtqSmhoVmc/view

Likes berkeman
yes I already had that but its a little useless to me when i don't know what to use.
you know i didn't ask for helping me write jet engine pdf on google...

Maximilian Popelier said:
Yes sorry for the language I am not a native English speaker but i will do my best.
I think I can write something about the mechanical efficiency of the engine.
Also about the rotation of the blades.
Maybe i can do something how to calculate the speed..
I can do something about the inertia force ( traagheidskracht in dutch).
I don't know if i can get good information of this things.
Maybe you have something in mind with good information?
TyWell,
Max
yes I already had that but its a little useless to me when i don't know what to use.
you know i didn't ask for helping me write jet engine pdf on google...
Well, it seems like the PDF that was posted in reply to your question was pretty much on-topic. Do you want us to do your homework for you?

Can you expand on your thoughts above? "Mechanical efficience" wouldn't seem to apply, but fluid dynamics would seem to be a big "mechanical" part of a jet engine's operation...

Idk man but i thought you guys could give me more concrete stuff than 300 pages.
But np
Thanks for the help man
and the mechanical efficiency. i might be wrong but i thought there was the thermal efficiency and the mechanical efficiency.
ty
Max

Idk man but i thought you guys could give me more concrete stuff than 300 pages.
But np
Thanks for the help man
and the mechanical efficiency. i might be wrong but i thought there was the thermal efficiency and the mechanical efficiency.
ty
Max
Mechanically/aerodynamically what determines the optimum number of blades per turbine? What determines the optimum number of turbine stages? Compare and contrast a turbojet with a ramjet mechanically... Why are they different?

oke thanks man I am going to search information about that!

Likes berkeman
oke thanks man I am going to search information about that!
That should get you to 10 pages easy! (and be pretty interesting as well) Have fun! :smile:

1. What are the main components of a jet engine?

The main components of a jet engine include the compressor, combustion chamber, turbine, and exhaust nozzle. The compressor takes in air and compresses it, the combustion chamber ignites fuel to create hot gases, the turbine extracts energy from the hot gases to power the compressor, and the exhaust nozzle releases the gases to create thrust.

2. How does a jet engine create thrust?

A jet engine creates thrust by taking in air and compressing it, then mixing it with fuel in the combustion chamber and igniting it. The resulting hot gases are then forced out through the exhaust nozzle, creating a powerful force in the opposite direction that propels the jet engine forward.

3. What materials are used to make the mechanical parts of a jet engine?

The mechanical parts of a jet engine are typically made of high-strength, heat-resistant materials such as titanium, nickel alloys, and composites. These materials are able to withstand the extreme temperatures and pressures within a jet engine and maintain their structural integrity.

4. How do the mechanical parts of a jet engine work together?

The mechanical parts of a jet engine work together in a highly coordinated manner to produce thrust. The compressor takes in air and compresses it, the combustion chamber ignites the fuel to create hot gases, and the turbine extracts energy from the gases to power the compressor. The exhaust nozzle then releases the gases to create thrust, while the other components continue to work together to maintain the engine's performance.

5. What are some common maintenance tasks for the mechanical parts of a jet engine?

Some common maintenance tasks for the mechanical parts of a jet engine include regular inspections, cleaning and lubricating components, and replacing worn or damaged parts. It is also important to monitor the performance of the engine and address any issues or malfunctions promptly to ensure safe and efficient operation.