1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Medical physics queastion

1. May 28, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I am posting on this forum to find a certain queation that has been given to me as an assignment.
    the question reads: EXPLAIN THE FACTORS INFLUENCING SIGNAL INTENSITY IN MRI.

this is A - Level question so please keep it simple as possible.

3. The attempt at a solution

well, I do not know much about this specific criteria, that is why i am posting it here.

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2010 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Are you familiar with the basics of MRI?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mri

4. Jun 2, 2010 #3
    yes i have done a few reports on it on how it works, how to prepare for it, the risks and benfits......its just i need to know what applications inside the mri can cause the intesity to reduce and how to increase it......

i have mentioned stuff like the part that the mri is scanning can affect intensity as it could be asmall area or large....as well as i have added information such as the condition of the patient, but i have not included anything of the mri itself such as the coils that may affect the intensity, but how.....i just need any other application i will do the further information gathering myself.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook