Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Medical physics queastion

1. May 28, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I am posting on this forum to find a certain queation that has been given to me as an assignment.
    the question reads: EXPLAIN THE FACTORS INFLUENCING SIGNAL INTENSITY IN MRI.

this is A - Level question so please keep it simple as possible.

3. The attempt at a solution

well, I do not know much about this specific criteria, that is why i am posting it here.

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2010 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Are you familiar with the basics of MRI?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mri

4. Jun 2, 2010 #3
    yes i have done a few reports on it on how it works, how to prepare for it, the risks and benfits......its just i need to know what applications inside the mri can cause the intesity to reduce and how to increase it......

i have mentioned stuff like the part that the mri is scanning can affect intensity as it could be asmall area or large....as well as i have added information such as the condition of the patient, but i have not included anything of the mri itself such as the coils that may affect the intensity, but how.....i just need any other application i will do the further information gathering myself.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook