What Factors Influence Signal Intensity in MRI?

In summary, the conversation is about a student seeking help with an assignment on explaining the factors influencing signal intensity in MRI. The student is familiar with the basics of MRI but needs help with specific applications that can cause intensity to decrease or increase. They have mentioned the size of the scanned area, the condition of the patient, and are seeking information on other applications such as coils.
~JAZZY_JAZ~

Homework Statement

I am posting on this forum to find a certain queation that has been given to me as an assignment.
the question reads: EXPLAIN THE FACTORS INFLUENCING SIGNAL INTENSITY IN MRI.

this is A - Level question so please keep it simple as possible.

The Attempt at a Solution

well, I do not know much about this specific criteria, that is why i am posting it here.

Physics news on Phys.org
~JAZZY_JAZ~ said:

Homework Statement

I am posting on this forum to find a certain queation that has been given to me as an assignment.
the question reads: EXPLAIN THE FACTORS INFLUENCING SIGNAL INTENSITY IN MRI.

this is A - Level question so please keep it simple as possible.

The Attempt at a Solution

well, I do not know much about this specific criteria, that is why i am posting it here.

Welcome to the PF.

Are you familiar with the basics of MRI?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mri

yes i have done a few reports on it on how it works, how to prepare for it, the risks and benfits...its just i need to know what applications inside the mri can cause the intesity to reduce and how to increase it...

i have mentioned stuff like the part that the mri is scanning can affect intensity as it could be asmall area or large...as well as i have added information such as the condition of the patient, but i have not included anything of the mri itself such as the coils that may affect the intensity, but how...i just need any other application i will do the further information gathering myself.

What is medical physics?

Medical physics is a branch of physics that applies principles and techniques of physics to healthcare and medicine. It involves the use of radiation, imaging, and other technologies to diagnose and treat medical conditions.

What is the role of a medical physicist?

A medical physicist is responsible for ensuring the safe and effective use of radiation and other technologies in healthcare. They work with doctors and other healthcare professionals to plan and deliver treatments, as well as maintain and calibrate equipment.

What types of technologies do medical physicists work with?

Medical physicists work with a variety of technologies, including X-rays, CT scans, MRI machines, radiation therapy machines, and nuclear medicine equipment. They also use computer programs and simulations to analyze and interpret data.

How can medical physics improve patient care?

Medical physics plays a crucial role in improving patient care by ensuring the accurate and safe use of technologies in diagnosis and treatment. Medical physicists also conduct research to develop new techniques and technologies that can improve patient outcomes.

Are there any risks associated with medical physics?

While medical physics involves working with radiation and other potentially hazardous technologies, strict safety protocols are in place to protect both patients and medical staff. Medical physicists are trained to minimize risks and ensure the safe use of these technologies.