[medical] What just happened to me? After waking from a nap I

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1MileCrash
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Medical
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
1MileCrash
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
41
Today, I had class from 10 to 1. I was extremely exausted after getting home (don't know why, its my shortest day) and went take a nap. I fell asleep instantly.

After napping for a while, I felt like I never was going to get up. My roommate was cooking a beef stew so I decided to get up and eat to feel a bit better. I got up relatively quick.

Right as I was fixing my plate, my temples started pulsing and I felt really warm all over. And I felt queasy, so I went to the bathroom where someone was running the dryer. It was super hot in there and when the heat hit me I felt terrible. So I went outside and sat down for some fresh air and vomited twice, but it wasn't much at all.

After I vomited I felt horrible, it felt like my skin was on fire and I didn't move or look at anything because I didn't want to induce vomitting again.

I started sweating, all over. It wasn't beads of sweat, it was just a film of slimy sweat everywhere and my shirt was soaked.

After sitting outside in the fresh air for about 20 minutes I felt "ok." This is honestly what neo must have felt like when he was first was disconnected from the matrix.

Cliffnotes:
Woke up from comatose nap
sweating profusely
vomiting
skin on fire.

Any ideas?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Yes, please go see your doctor -- do you use the health clinic on campus? Are they still open now, or have they closed for the day? If closed, I'd still suggest that you visit your local Urgent Care facility. There are lots of things that could have caused this, and it's important for you to know what it was.
 
There are several possibilities as berkeman indicated. Dehydration (or heat exhaustion) is a possibility.
Heat exhaustion is a heat-related illness that may occur after you've been exposed to high temperatures for several days and have developed dehydration, which is an inadequate or imbalanced replacement of the fluids and electrolytes you've lost through excessive perspiration.
http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/heat-exhaustion

See if the symptoms describe one's condition. And do see a doctor.