Happy Holidays: Have You Been Naughty or Nice?

• Thread starter hypatia
  • Start date
In summary, my wife and I had a quiet evening with the neighbors yesterday. They bought presents for our dog, and gift certificates for us. Tonight until tomorrow night, Duke and I are home alone, as my wife takes her shift to tend her mother (senile dementia). I took a huge box of food to my father today. That'll keep him in food until New Years, after I get him down here to pick up a couple of large lidded dishes of home-made turkey soup. We're kind of big on the food=holiday thing.
hypatia
Happy Holidays to one and all. Have you been naughty, or nice?

Physics news on Phys.org
Happy Holidays to you too. My wife and I had a quiet evening with the neighbors yesterday. They bought presents for our dog, and gift certificates for us. Tonight until tomorrow night, Duke and I are home alone, as my wife takes her shift to tend her mother (senile dementia).

I took a huge box of food to my father today. Turkey, mashed potatoes, squash, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, 2 kinds of home-made pickles, and 2 different loaves of home-made bread, along with a big tub of clam-dip that he can set out tonight for company. That'll keep him in food until New Years, after I get him down here to pick up a couple of large lidded dishes of home-made turkey soup. We're kind of big on the food=holiday thing.

Merry and Happy Holidays, hypatia and all at PF.

May the holidays be peaceful, pleasant and joyous, and may carry these into and throughout the New Year. :smile:

Merry Christmas to you too Hypatia. :)

Merry Christmas to all of you,

and who could that have said better than Betrand Russell...

drizzle said:
Merry Christmas to you too Hypatia. :)
Well, have you been naughty or nice? :devil:

I think I was nice. My neighbor went WAY overboard on gifts for me and my wife last night. Plus he thanked me yet again for helping him mill out lumber on his sawmill and helping him build the big addition on his house. The cards they got for us were very nice, too.

Andre said:
Merry Christmas to all of you,

and who could that have said better than Betrand Russell...

I hate you Andre.

As only Russell could hate people, on Christmas day...

Russell said:
If there were in the world today any large number of people who desired their own happiness more than they desired the unhappiness of others, we could have paradise in a few years.

Merry Christmas!

:smile:

Very quiet night here, grandchildren will be here in a hour, so I expect that to change. Felt a bit melancholy today, so many great memories of Christmas past.

Of course I have been nice, cause even when I'm naughty, well, we won't go their.

Merry christmas Hypatia, and all other PF'ers that celebrate this time of year.

hypatia said:
Very quiet night here, grandchildren will be here in a hour, so I expect that to change. Felt a bit melancholy today, so many great memories of Christmas past.

Of course I have been nice, cause even when I'm naughty, well, we won't go their.
Play with the kids. Have fun with them. They are children for such a short time, and this time is special to them.

When I said last night that Duke and I would go home, the 7-year old (who was coming down with a cold and not feeling well) was polite and nice, and the 5-year old wouldn't let us leave without big hugs for both of us. I gave her a bear-hug. Kids aren't kids forever.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday's. All good things to all. Only happiness and good health.

Last edited by a moderator:
Merry Christmas...or, for the Brits, "Happy" Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Merry Christmas, everybody.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Peace, joy, and comfort all 'round.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Merry Christmas! Hope you have great joy one and all!

Seasons Greetings from the South Wales Valleys!

Hope everyone's had (or will for those of you from America) a fantastic day .

Merry Christmas! :smile:

Merry Christmas!

My Christmas are slowly starting to be merry. Food poisoning. I will spare you details, but I have spent night 23rd/24th discussing my latest meals with the toilet.

Borek said:
Merry Christmas!

My Christmas are slowly starting to be merry. Food poisoning. I will spare you details, but I have spent night 23rd/24th discussing my latest meals with the toilet.

Dearest Borek, you must have missed my post while away in the powder room:

Re: Merry Christmas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday's. All good things to all. Only happiness and good health.

Hoping you feel 100% before it's time for the Who Roast Beast. "And that will be for me." :approve:

And I think there is a member who had a few teeth extracted and hope they can chew on the Who Roast Beast too.

Borek said:
Merry Christmas!

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Merry Christmas everyone! :smile:

Borek said:
Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! Get well soon Borek.

Merry Christmas one and all! Hope you all feel better than I do today (every year Xmas eve turns into a massive drinking session, and I never learn). Hope everyone has a great day.

cristo said:
Merry Christmas one and all! Hope you all feel better than I do today (every year Xmas eve turns into a massive drinking session, and I never learn). Hope everyone has a great day.
Merry Christmas, cristo. I'll post a reminder Dec 23, 2011. :biggrin: I hope the head feels better later today. Drink plenty of water, take some aspirin, and perhaps eat some breakfast - or lunch. I found scrambled eggs helped a bit after a night of drinking too much.

cristo said:
Thanks, Cristo. Make a nice cup of tea and drink it. Rinse and repeat. Light food (not heavy or fatty) will help.

I have a raging-hot sore throat and clogged sinuses this morning. At least I don't have to go anywhere today. Duke and I are here alone all day, and he's pretty easy to take care of.

merry christmas guys.

Borek said:
Merry Christmas!

:frown: Oh noes! I hope you recover quickly...food poisoning is so, so horrible.

Astronuc said:
Merry Christmas, cristo. I'll post a reminder Dec 23, 2011. :biggrin: I hope the head feels better later today. Drink plenty of water, take some aspirin, and perhaps eat some breakfast - or lunch. I found scrambled eggs helped a bit after a night of drinking too much.

Thanks! I'm feeling better now; I drank lots of water and then ate a huge xmas feast that my mum prepared, which settled the stomach and head!

a very merry christmas to you my friend. Hope santa's been good to you!

Merry Christmas to all PF'ers!:smile:
Hope you have a great time...

Thank you all. I am much better now. So far I just lost two days of feasting (Christmas Eve is an important holiday here). But we are still feasting tomorrow, and I feel ready :smile: