Michael Jackson rushed to hospital

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jackson
In summary, Michael Jackson has been rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital by fire department paramedics who found him not breathing when they arrived at the singer's home. According to TMZ, Jackson is in a coma and may have died as a result of an overdose or suicide attempt.
I don't know that I'd say an opinion is necessarily "false" but there are certainly uninformed and unsubstantiated opinions. Which, I guess hold the same weight as if they were "false".
That could only be true if there was evidence to the contrary. Unsubstatiated opinions aren't automatically false by default until proven true.

Physics news on Phys.org
More spooky Michael Jackson:

-- Michael Jackson signed his will on 7/7/02.
-- Michael Jackson's memorial was on 7/7/09 ... exactly 7 years after the will was signed.
-- Michael Jackson's two biggest hits -- "Black & White" and "Billie Jean" -- were each #1 for 7 weeks.
-- Michael Jackson's three biggest albums -- "Thriller," "Bad" and "Dangerous" -- each produced 7 top 40 hits.
-- Michael Jackson was the 7th of 9 children.
-- Michael Jackson was born in 1958 ... 19 + 58 = 77
-- Michael Jackson died on the 25th ... 2 + 5 = 7
-- Michael Jackson has 7 letters in his first and last name.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/07/michael-jackson-7

leroyjenkens said:
That could only be true if there was evidence to the contrary. Unsubstatiated opinions aren't automatically false by default until proven true.

Ah, but I didn't say that unsubstantiated opinions were automatically false. I said they held the same weight.

gravenewworld said:
More spooky Michael Jackson:

-- Michael Jackson signed his will on 7/7/02.
-- Michael Jackson's memorial was on 7/7/09 ... exactly 7 years after the will was signed.
-- Michael Jackson's two biggest hits -- "Black & White" and "Billie Jean" -- were each #1 for 7 weeks.
-- Michael Jackson's three biggest albums -- "Thriller," "Bad" and "Dangerous" -- each produced 7 top 40 hits.
-- Michael Jackson was the 7th of 9 children.
-- Michael Jackson was born in 1958 ... 19 + 58 = 77
-- Michael Jackson died on the 25th ... 2 + 5 = 7
-- Michael Jackson has 7 letters in his first and last name.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/07/michael-jackson-7
OMGZ! And there were seven days in each week that he was alive. I'm scared!

turbo-1 said:
OMGZ! And there were seven days in each week that he was alive. I'm scared!

hehe It's still fun to suspend your belief a little bit.

leroyjenkens said:
I didn't state it as it were a fact, so I'm not sure how an opinion can be false.

My opinion is that you are being unduly cynical.

I'm sure you liked Michael Jackson.

Actually, I wouldn't say I was ever a fan. Also, the legal issues certainly made him look guilty. That combined with his odd look pretty much put him in the freak category for me. But because of what I have heard from his friends and family, I realized that my impressions were probably not an accurate representation of the man.

I did too. And I'm not attacking him. I'm just questioning the intentions and motives of certain people involved in that show.

Perhaps, but what I heard was a lot of heart-felt love and affection. No one was charged an admission fee; no deals were cut with the media [broadcast on most stations]; there was no time to cut any big deals in advance; there were far too many stars for anyone of them to be paid well for their time. While every bit of MJ material will surely be marketed, this was such a public event that it is hard to see where anyone stands to make any real money from this. Beyond that, it is a drop in the bucket. However, I did think it was extremely well done and respectable.

I have learned that I really like a few songs by MJ that I didn't even know were his. :biggrin:

Ah, but I didn't say that unsubstantiated opinions were automatically false. I said they held the same weight.
If it holds the same weight as being false, then it would be an equivalent to being false, which would basically mean it's false. Sounds like it's just a roundabout way of saying it's false.
My opinion is that you are being unduly cynical.
Possibly. But it just seems to me that ever since he died, people came out of the woodwork trying to make some money from it. Like people fighting over his money and all these people buying his CD's, hoping they'll one day be worth money. And I'll be skeptical of anything his dad is involved in. That dude is crooked.
I have learned that I really like a few songs by MJ that I didn't even know were his.
On a side note, I realized at work today that as famous as Janet Jackson is, I can't name a single song of hers.

leroyjenkens said:
If it holds the same weight as being false, then it would be an equivalent to being false, which would basically mean it's false. Sounds like it's just a roundabout way of saying it's false.

No. If an unsubstantiated opinion holds the same weight as a falsehood, then it has the same merit. I'm not saying they are the same thing, because, if unsubstantiated opinion = false information then false information would have to = unsubstantiated opinion. One could have sources for false information and therefore some substantiation and still be false. The reverse doesn't hold.

If UP = F but F =/ UP then UP =/ F

What I'm saying is that they are equally without value. Is that more clear?

leroyjenkens said:
On a side note, I realized at work today that as famous as Janet Jackson is, I can't name a single song of hers.

What Have You Done for Me Lately? :biggrin:

Wow! I never realized just how badly he was burned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2lZuw3j3ro

Another strange tidbit in the news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifsyjzCWgsw