Midterm exam : electronics I

Broken]In summary, the conversation involved a student receiving their midterm exam for electronics I and performing poorly despite setting the curve. They requested for someone to review their performance and provide insight on their mistakes. They also mentioned having to upload a document to Google Docs due to size limitations. Finally, they asked for clarification on the difference between two websites.
staticd
breaking from the mold...

I received my midterm exam back today for electronics I. While I did set the curve, I still performed extremely poor.

I wonder if some curious minds could look at my performance and shed some light on some of the critical mistakes that I made...

[please see this link]

http://goo.gl/xhV0

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
There is no attachment.

cepheid said:
There is no attachment.

I had to upload it to Google docs instead. I guess it was too large for this site...

Thanks!

could anyone help me to know the difference between these two http://www.engineersgarage.com/microcontroller/8051projects"

Last edited by a moderator:
X

I understand the frustration and disappointment of not performing as well as you had hoped on an exam. It's natural to want to understand where you went wrong and how you can improve for future exams. However, it's important to remember that a single exam does not define your abilities as a student or a scientist. It's important to take this experience as a learning opportunity and use it to identify areas where you can improve.

In terms of your specific concerns about the critical mistakes you made, I would recommend seeking feedback from your professor or a teaching assistant. They will have a better understanding of the exam material and can provide specific insights on where you may have gone wrong. Additionally, you may want to review your notes and class materials to see if there are any concepts or topics that you need to review in more depth.

It's also important to remember that electronics is a complex and constantly evolving field, and it's natural to make mistakes and encounter challenges along the way. Don't be discouraged by one exam, but instead use it as motivation to work harder and improve your understanding of the subject.

Finally, I would also suggest seeking out study groups or tutoring sessions to help reinforce your understanding of the material and to get additional practice with problem-solving. With dedication and hard work, I am confident that you can improve in electronics and achieve your academic goals. Keep pushing forward and don't be afraid to ask for help when needed.

1. What topics will be covered in the midterm exam for electronics I?

The midterm exam for electronics I will cover the basic principles of electronics, including Ohm's Law, circuit analysis, and electronic components such as resistors, capacitors, and transistors.

2. Will the midterm exam be open-book or closed-book?

The midterm exam will be closed-book, meaning that students are not allowed to use any reference materials or textbooks during the exam.

3. How long will the midterm exam be?

The length of the midterm exam for electronics I will vary depending on the course and instructor. However, it is typically around 1 hour to 1.5 hours in duration.

4. Are there any practice exams or study materials available for the midterm exam?

Yes, many instructors will provide practice exams or study materials to help students prepare for the midterm exam. It is also recommended to review class notes, textbook chapters, and any assigned homework problems to prepare for the exam.

5. What is the format of the midterm exam for electronics I?

The format of the midterm exam may vary, but it will likely include a combination of multiple-choice, short answer, and problem-solving questions. Some exams may also include circuit analysis or design problems.