Missing address book (.wab) in Outlook Express, trying to export it....

• Thread starter JeremyRS0399
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, an address book (.wab) file in Outlook Express is used to store and organize contacts' information. It may go missing due to accidental deletion, file corruption, or program issues. To export a missing address book, one can follow the steps of selecting "Export" and then "Address Book" from the "File" menu and choosing a location to save the exported file. The exported file can also be imported to another email program that supports the .csv format. To prevent the address book from going missing, regular backups can be done through copying the .wab file to a different location or using third-party backup software or cloud storage.
JeremyRS0399
Exported all messages, but get an error when trying to export the address book. Only one .wab file on the computer and it's irrelevant. Wonder if a utility will recover. Is there a way to build a new contact list in Outlook from all of your messages without having to enter all manually?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Isn't the address book still where it was originally?

This looks like a setup for spam.

Thread closed.

Related to Missing address book (.wab) in Outlook Express, trying to export it....

1. What is an address book (.wab) file in Outlook Express?

An address book (.wab) file in Outlook Express is a file that contains all of your contacts' information, such as names, email addresses, phone numbers, and mailing addresses. It is used for easy access and organization of your contacts in Outlook Express.

2. Why is my address book missing in Outlook Express?

Your address book may be missing in Outlook Express due to various reasons, such as accidental deletion, file corruption, or an issue with the Outlook Express program itself. It is important to troubleshoot the issue to determine the exact cause and find a solution.

3. How can I export my missing address book from Outlook Express?

To export your missing address book from Outlook Express, you can follow these steps:

1. Open Outlook Express and go to the "File" menu.
  2. Select "Export" and then "Address Book."
  3. Choose "Text File (Comma Separated Values)" as the export format and click "Export."
  4. Choose a location to save the exported file and click "Next."
  5. Select the fields you want to include in the exported file and click "Finish."

Your address book will now be exported and saved as a .csv file.

4. Can I import my missing address book to another email program?

Yes, you can import your missing address book to another email program, as long as it supports the .csv file format. You can follow similar steps as exporting, but instead of selecting "Export" in the "File" menu, choose "Import" and then select the .csv file from the location where you saved it.

5. How can I prevent my address book from going missing in Outlook Express?

To prevent your address book from going missing in Outlook Express, you can regularly back up your .wab file by copying it to a different location. You can also consider using a third-party backup software or cloud storage to ensure your contacts are safe and easily accessible in case of any issues with Outlook Express.