How do I determine the proper ratio of CO2 and N for my tank?

In summary, the conversation is about filling a 60 cf tank with a 25%-75% ratio of CO2 and N. The speaker has been told that if they provide the "Recipe" for their tank, their supplier can make it happen. They need to know the amount of liquid CO2 (in pounds) and N needed to achieve their desired blend. There is also a question about whether the ratio is based on mass or moles and how the tank's initial contents are removed.
Jlat
I wish to fill a 60 cf tank with both CO2 and N at a 25% - 75% ratio. I have been told by my supplier that if I can tell them the "Recipe" for my size tank that they could make this happen for me.
What I need to know is the amount of liquid CO2 (measured in pounds) that would be placed into the tank first and then the amount of N that would then be put 'on top' to reach my desired blend.

Thanks,

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello Jl,

Would that be a mass ratio or a mole ratio ?
What's in the tank initially ? How do you get it out ?

What is the purpose of mixing CO2 and N gasses?

The purpose of mixing CO2 and N gasses is to create a specific gas mixture with desired properties for various applications, such as in food packaging, welding, and medical procedures.

What are the benefits of mixing CO2 and N gasses?

The benefits of mixing CO2 and N gasses include improved control over gas properties, increased efficiency in industrial processes, and reduced costs compared to using pure gases.

What are the safety considerations when mixing CO2 and N gasses?

Safety considerations when mixing CO2 and N gasses include ensuring proper ventilation and monitoring gas levels to prevent potential hazards such as asphyxiation or explosions.

How do you determine the appropriate ratio of CO2 and N gasses to mix?

The appropriate ratio of CO2 and N gasses to mix depends on the specific application and desired properties of the gas mixture. This can be determined through calculations and experimentation.

What are the potential environmental impacts of mixing CO2 and N gasses?

Potential environmental impacts of mixing CO2 and N gasses include contributing to climate change and air pollution. Therefore, it is important to consider more environmentally friendly alternatives and properly dispose of any unused gas mixture.