Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Modify computer inverter to accept power from house inverter

1. Sep 6, 2008 #1
    I have a UPS at home - for the whole house. However, everytime there is a power outage, my computer restarts. It does not restart when the power comes back! I had an old computer UPS that I had that I connected to the computer. Now when the power goes, the computer does not restart - but the computer UPS does not 'recognize' the power coming from the main House UPS. So instead of a 5 hr back up - that the house UPS gives me, I only have the 15 min back up that the computer UPS can give me. I have talked to UPS manufacturers who say they need to fit a 'filter' which will solve the problem - but they were not able to make it. They said something about a pure sine wave output- not sure if I understood. Anyone have a cost effective solution that will make my computer inverter 'recognize' the power coming from my main inverter?
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted