Is There More Than One Universe?

• Stargazing
  • Thread starter elhumanoid
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Universe
In summary, the conversation is about a dream involving space and a universe that is a laboratory with various rooms and particles that can be controlled by changing a numeric code. The person is asking if there is any validity to the dream, but the expert concludes that it is not based on mainstream physics and therefore has no scientific basis. The thread is then locked.
elhumanoid
Hi, I don't have any degree in physics whatsoever, but my question is about a dream I had. Not to identify a meaning to my dream, but I want to know from YOU who are may be specialized in this following field:
I often dream about space, be it me spacetruckin through the cosmos, aboard ISS or some other spacestation projection of my dreamworld. But last night I had a dream, where I was in some ethereal state observing all the things happening in our universe and it turned out us being in a vacuum, in a room where we and all other planets, stars, galaxies etc. consisted of dust particled floating around. And we humans and animas were small bacteria/parasites in a universe tha wasn't expanding but revolving. Our room was not the only one, it seemed like a big laboratory with hundreds-if not thousands rooms more or less like ours. It was also revealed to me that there was a specific numeric code for each and every particle and by changing the code, you could affect the particle's behavior, shape, quantity, consistency etc.

So, what do you think? Is there any valid stuff present, or was it just another weird dream with no sense whatsoever? And again, I'm not looking for a "dream interpretor" as in telling me what it meant and where it would take me crap. Just did it have any kind of sense, because it felt like and still kinda does that it wasn't entirely stupid. Thanks.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
elhumanoid said:
So, what do you think? Is there any valid stuff present, or was it just another weird dream with no sense whatsoever?

Sorry, it was just a dream. There's no valid science in it.

Since this isn't about mainstream physics I'm afraid I'm going to have to lock this thread.

Likes CalcNerd

1. What is the concept of "more than one universe"?

The concept of "more than one universe" refers to the idea that there may be multiple universes that exist parallel to our own. This theory, known as the multiverse theory, suggests that there may be an infinite number of universes with different physical laws and characteristics.

2. Is there any scientific evidence for the existence of multiple universes?

Currently, there is no direct scientific evidence for the existence of multiple universes. However, some theories in physics, such as string theory and inflationary cosmology, suggest the possibility of a multiverse. These theories are still being tested and researched, so the existence of multiple universes remains a subject of speculation.

3. How would the existence of multiple universes impact our understanding of the universe?

If there were indeed multiple universes, it would greatly expand our understanding of the universe and our place within it. It would also raise questions about the origin and purpose of our own universe and the potential for life in other universes.

4. Can we ever prove the existence of multiple universes?

As of now, there is no way to definitively prove the existence of multiple universes. However, as technology and scientific understanding advance, it is possible that we may one day have the means to detect or observe other universes.

5. Are there any potential implications or consequences of the existence of multiple universes?

The existence of multiple universes could have profound implications for our understanding of reality and could potentially lead to advancements in technology and science. It could also challenge our current understanding of the laws of physics and the concept of a singular, unique universe.