Most Mind Blowing Jobs - Helicopter Lineman

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jobs Mind
In summary, the conversation discussed various jobs that are considered to be mind blowing, either because of the thrill or the danger involved. These jobs include being a helicopter lineman, a helicopter painter, a rope access worker, a technical photographer for the MOD, a test pilot for experimental aircraft, a lunar astronaut, and a deep sea diver. Some participants also mentioned jobs that may not be as dangerous but are still considered mind blowing, such as being a mortician or a paramedic. The conversation also touched upon the risk and excitement involved in these jobs, as well as the financial rewards.
Astronuc said:
Well working on a fishing/crabbing boat can be hazardous with heavy equipment, winds, and choppy water. It's gets worse when working in cold waters, say off Newfoundland or Alaska, or up in the Arctic Sea, especially when a storm blows in.
There was a documentary recently on the dangers of crabbing in the cold northern waters, very dangerous storms, waves, you go numb and a wave hits you and you can't hold on any longer and are swept overboard - bye bye. Get hit by a crab pot when it comes up on deck, bye bye - get caught by one being sent done under Bye bye.

But they pay $50,000 for a three month trip. I have much more respect for my my king crab now.

Physics news on Phys.org
yourdadonapogostick said:
they are looking for the leprachaun's gold...

Oh.. he is going to be pretty pissed if they manage to find it. I wouldn't want to be up that high and have a pissed off leprachaun after me.

Certain Rhinoceros experts have mind blowing jobs.

Townsend, I suspect it is a TV transmitting antenna. I suspect it could be one of the world trade centers pre-9/11.