Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mouse not working

1. Sep 12, 2005 #1

JamesU

Gold Member

I would've posted this in Hardware, but I'm using the tab key to do everything. I reconnected it (wireless) and put new batteries.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2005 #2
    Is it logitech?

4. Sep 12, 2005 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

Yes, it's logitech

5. Sep 12, 2005 #4
    Ah, Logitech, so predictable. :rolleyes: Change the USB port that it's plugged into. Then reset on both mouse and receiver.

6. Sep 12, 2005 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

It's not in a USB, the reciever is plugged into the mouse and keyboard slots.

7. Sep 12, 2005 #6
    Ah..... well logitech has this thing where their mouses stop working for unknown reasons and just getting the computer to re-calibrate them will fix again. So, try unplugging it and restarting then plugging it back in or something. Do you have an installation CD? Try re-installing.

- Although since it's a set I really can't say any of this with any confidence.

8. Sep 12, 2005 #7

JamesU

Gold Member

I've unplugged it and everything. I'm trying to avoit restarting the computer, because mine lags up whenever I do that, for about half an hour.

9. Sep 12, 2005 #8
    If it was USB i'd tell you it would probably be fine if you tried resetting the mouse while unplugged and/or left it unplugged for any amount of time, then plugged it back in.

Here's some ways to speed up your computer:
    http://www.speedupyourcomputer.windowsreinstall.com/

10. Sep 12, 2005 #9
    Ever thought of getting a computer upgrade instead of a Ti-89 titanium?

EDIT: Or switching to windows 98 :uhh: :devil:

11. Sep 12, 2005 #10

JamesU

Gold Member

98?! :yuck: I have XP

it turns out that I turned it off, woked fine. only lagged for a few minutes

12. Sep 13, 2005 #11

Mk

Maybe you should get a mightier mouse?

Of course much of the functionality is lost when using a PC.

13. Sep 13, 2005 #12
    :rolleyes: <- 'nuff said

14. Sep 13, 2005 #13
    You put it in a wok?! Well maybe that's the problem! :tongue:

15. Sep 13, 2005 #14
    How coudl you not consider restarting your computer if something goes wrong. It's like the first part of troubleshooting. And if your computer takes longer than a minute to start up you need to optimize that ish.

16. Sep 13, 2005 #15
    try xandros or linspire :)

17. Sep 13, 2005 #16
    Keyword right there
    :smile:
    I actually have it installed on my computer along with xp :surprised

18. Sep 13, 2005 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I know how to solve that problem....get a Mac! :biggrin:

19. Sep 13, 2005 #18

JamesU

Gold Member

Yes, but if I get a mac, I will be totally confused, and I'd have to pay a bunch of money for something I don't even like.

Our school has a room full of iMacs, and everyone absolutely hates them. They used to be computers at one time... :bugeye:

20. Sep 13, 2005 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's not the Mac's fault that you're confused. :rofl:

Yeah, but you said those are 6 years old, and even those probably don't lag up for a half hour on start up. :biggrin: Are those even the smoke or white colored ones, or are you still using the really ancient blue ones at school?

21. Sep 13, 2005 #20

JamesU

Gold Member

Well, it's only a monitor, and the back of the monitors are transparent black, blue, and (I think) purple.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?