1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MSc in Applied Mathematics as compared to

1. Jul 24, 2013 #1

Log

Hello,

I'm a European EE/Engineering physics undergraduate (something of a mix of those two) trying to figure out what to major in. Up until now my main topic of interest has been nanotechnology. Now I'm not sure that's a good idea because of the seemingly small job market where I live. I want to be able to work outside of the academic world.

I'm now considering alternatives and have been looking at applied mathematics. More specifically; systems engineering, control theory and optimization.

I have always been driven by the thought of a modern future, nanotechnology is probably my first choice with regards to that. I know I want to work in science and engineering.

My question to you is - will I be able to get a job in industry with a MSc in applied mathematics, having studied the above mentioned topics, relatively easy?

I know it depends on me as a person, on my experience, grades, etc, but generally?

Would I be better of getting a MSc in embedded systems with a track in control engineering?

What about signal processing?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted