MSN or AIM or Facebook or Skype?

• Thread starter mezzoforte
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, Shadé is a high school student who likes anime, video games, and all sorts of nerdy things. She created this thread to make friends, but has social anxiety and is looking for people who are willing to chat via MSN.
mezzoforte
I'm new here, so I'm not sure if there is already a thread like this...
But I thought it would be cool to make a bunch of friends from here. Ones that don't give me a weird look when I say I love physics, lol. xD
My msn is removed feel free to add me!
Everyone should post their contact info here so we can chat. :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

49 views, and not one post? Don't be so anti-social, people. xD

You mean...human interaction? NO THANKS.

[URL]http://lolpics.se/pics/1543.gif[/URL]

Don't have Skype, don't have a Facebook account.
Don't twitter and don't know what an AIM is.

Sorry.

I guess I'm just an old Uncle-Social type of person.

KingNothing said:

[URL]http://lolpics.se/pics/1543.gif
[/URL]

Haha. Why not? It won't hurt :p

alfi said:
don't have skype, don't have a facebook account.
Don't twitter and don't know what an aim is.

Sorry.

I guess I'm just an old uncle-social type of person.
lame.

Lame is trying to get people to post all their contact info to a complete stranger.

good luck. Tell us about yourself would be a better start. I like puns. I like math but not arithmetic.

So here looking at Euclid

Alfi said:
Lame is trying to get people to post all their contact info to a complete stranger.

good luck. Tell us about yourself would be a better start.

I like puns. I like math but not arithmetic.

So here looking at Euclid

Alright, about myself...
My name is Shadé, I'm a high school student. I'm thinking about majoring in either Physics or Astrophysics. I live in Massachusetts.
I like anime and video games, and all sorts of nerdy things.
I created this thread because I have social anxiety, so I thought it would be a good idea to make some friends online, since I fail at making friends in real life. xD

come on chat: https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/flashchat.php to have some great talks...

Oh okay, thanks. :]

and ... yer in

good par. :)

Alfi said:
Don't have Skype, don't have a Facebook account.
Don't twitter and don't know what an AIM is.

Sorry.

I guess I'm just an old Uncle-Social type of person.

i am 19 , and the same above applies for me too as in i don't have acocunts there too

so u aren't the only one :D

mezzoforte said:
I'm new here, so I'm not sure if there is already a thread like this...
But I thought it would be cool to make a bunch of friends from here. Ones that don't give me a weird look when I say I love physics, lol. xD
My msn is removed feel free to add me!
Everyone should post their contact info here so we can chat. :3

I highly recommend that you remove this email. There are spammer-operated robots constantly crawling the web for email addresses, so unless you want a lot of spam, don't post your address on public forums.

ideasrule said:
I highly recommend that you remove this email. There are spammer-operated robots constantly crawling the web for email addresses, so unless you want a lot of spam, don't post your address on public forums.

Oh okay.

Well whoever would like to chat via MSN should private message me for my contact info.

KingNothing said:

[URL]http://lolpics.se/pics/1543.gif
[/URL]
:rofl: I got to use that gif for something.

1. What is the difference between MSN and AIM?

MSN (Microsoft Network) and AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) are both instant messaging services that allow users to communicate in real-time through text, voice, and video. However, MSN is owned by Microsoft and is primarily used on Windows computers, while AIM is owned by AOL and is compatible with both Windows and Mac computers.

2. Is Facebook considered a social media platform or an instant messaging service?

Facebook is considered a social media platform, as it offers features beyond instant messaging such as sharing photos, videos, and updates with a wider network of friends. However, it does have a messaging feature that allows users to communicate in real-time with their Facebook friends.

3. Can I use Skype to make phone calls to non-Skype users?

Yes, Skype offers the option to make calls to landlines and mobile phones for a fee. This feature is known as SkypeOut and allows users to call anyone with a phone number, not just other Skype users.

4. Does MSN or AIM have video chat capabilities?

Yes, both MSN and AIM have video chat capabilities that allow users to communicate through live video. However, AIM only supports one-on-one video chat, while MSN allows for group video calls with up to 10 people.

5. Is Skype free to use?

Skype is free to download and use for instant messaging, voice and video calls, and group calls with other Skype users. However, there may be fees for making calls to non-Skype users or for using certain features, such as call recording or sending SMS messages.