Multi-Phase Circuit Modification Help Needed

• Thread starter Bowl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, the conversation discusses modifying a circuit to run current through three parallel wires in sequence using mosfets triggered by a feedback coil. The goal is to create a synchronized pathway where each coil repels against the next one in a cyclic manner. This is similar to a three phase inverter. The individual asking for help wants to use a self resonant flyback transformer and turn off the gate of two other mosfets in sequence. There is some uncertainty about the complexity of this task and a suggestion to use a current sense transformer to control a mosfet driver for the next transformer.
Bowl
Hi People!
I need some help to modify the following circuit to run current trougth three parallel wires in sequence, using three mosfets triggered by one feedback coil.My goal is to obtain a syncronized patway in a manner that when the first coil is shut OFF,the reversing field of the coil have to repel aganist the field of the next coil that is still in the ON phase.Then the second coil is shut off and will repel with the third coil.The last coil (third) will repel aganist a fourth coil that is connected to the ends of all the previous coils to close the circuit with the battery. All these steps have to be done ciclically.It can be done in a simple way?Thank you!

Attachments

• cycle.GIF
    cycle.GIF
    105.4 KB · Views: 432
Engineering news on Phys.org
Kind of like a three phase inverter? I am not quite clear on what your trying to do, what is this for?

Yeah,its like a three phase inverter. I want to run a self resonant flyback transformer and with the output turn off the gate of other two mosfet,in sequence. Some one has said to me that running in sequence three mosfet with a fwith flybeack is non easy,but I don't believe in...

Hmm, my first instinct would tell me to use a current sense transformer on the gnd. side of the flyback to signal when the field has collapsed, perhaps use this signal to control a mosfet driver for the next transformer in line. Am I on the right track here?

1. What is a multi-phase circuit?

A multi-phase circuit is an electrical circuit that has multiple power sources, typically three or more. These power sources are out of sync with each other, meaning they have different frequencies and phases.

2. Why might a multi-phase circuit need modification?

A multi-phase circuit may need modification if there are issues with power distribution, efficiency, or balance. It could also be necessary to add or remove power sources, reconfigure the circuit for different voltage levels, or adjust for changes in load requirements.

3. What are some common modifications for a multi-phase circuit?

Some common modifications for a multi-phase circuit include changing the number of phases, adjusting voltage levels, adding or removing power sources, and balancing the load across the different phases.

4. Can I modify a multi-phase circuit on my own?

It is not recommended to modify a multi-phase circuit without proper training and knowledge. Electrical circuits can be dangerous and any modifications should be done by a trained professional to ensure safety and functionality.

5. How do I determine the necessary modifications for a multi-phase circuit?

The necessary modifications for a multi-phase circuit will depend on the specific needs and requirements of the circuit. It is best to consult with an experienced electrician or engineer who can assess the circuit and make recommendations for modifications based on your specific needs.