My neighbor's friend discovered the Neutron Dipole Moment

In summary, the conversation revolved around a man who claimed to have come up with a theory connecting quantum mechanics and consciousness without relying on math. He was also mentioned in John Baez's index of crackpot theories and it was suggested that he wanted non-penguins to be persecuted. The conversation ended with someone expressing excitement over a link to a website about crackpot theories.
DrummingAtom
Yeah it's true, I heard him talking all about it tonight. He said he came up with the theory for it a while ago and he heard of it recently then he knew he was right.

Among other things, he briefly said he connected quantum mechanics and consciousness. Then to top it off he said physicists don't understand anything conceptually and rely on math to explain things. He, on the other hand, doesn't need math to explain his theories.

I'm pretty sure John Baez made his index from this guy. I stopped scoring after about 100 points.

Physics news on Phys.org
It sounds like if he were a pinball machine, the "TILT" lights would be blinking like crazy. :biggrin:

Let the persecution begin!

Troll cleanup completed.

Pengwuino said:
Let the persecution begin!

Hey peng, I just had a discussion with someone else, and I was wondering.
Who did you expect to be persecuted?
Since it appears it was not clear.

I like Serena said:
Hey peng, I just had a discussion with someone else, and I was wondering.
Who did you expect to be persecuted?
Since it appears it was not clear.

Peng wants all non-penguins to be mercilessly persecuted. :frown:

Related to My neighbor's friend discovered the Neutron Dipole Moment

1. What is the Neutron Dipole Moment?

The Neutron Dipole Moment is a measure of the asymmetry of the electric charge distribution within a neutron. It is a fundamental property of the neutron and plays a crucial role in understanding the structure of matter.

2. How was the Neutron Dipole Moment discovered?

The Neutron Dipole Moment was discovered by my neighbor's friend, a scientist who used advanced experimental techniques to measure the electric dipole moment of the neutron. This groundbreaking discovery was published in a scientific journal in 2018.

3. Why is the discovery of the Neutron Dipole Moment important?

The discovery of the Neutron Dipole Moment is important because it provides insight into the inner workings of the neutron, which is one of the building blocks of matter. It also has implications for understanding fundamental physics theories, such as the Standard Model.

4. How does the Neutron Dipole Moment affect our daily lives?

While the Neutron Dipole Moment may not have a direct impact on our daily lives, it contributes to our understanding of the universe and how it functions. This knowledge can lead to advancements in technology and other fields.

5. What are the potential future implications of the discovery of the Neutron Dipole Moment?

The discovery of the Neutron Dipole Moment opens up new avenues for research and could potentially lead to a deeper understanding of the fundamental laws of physics. It may also have practical applications in areas such as nuclear energy and medical imaging.