1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My physics topics

1. Oct 14, 2005 #1
    Hi everyone

I have a physics test tomarrow. Unfortunately we never had a physics text book so I never understood what our Instructor was talking about. I have notes. but it is not helping. I have researched Nasa, unable to find an easy explanation to these topics.

Can You redirect me to the right direction or try explaning some of the general concepts. I am an idoit, when it comes to Physics.:cry:

I will be appreciate any inputs.
    SECTION 1 - PROPERTIES of FLUIDS at REST
    1. The atmospheric Pressure and Oxygen concentration..how does it differ at sea level or altitute?
    2. ----------
    3. Pascal's Principle
    4. Principles of Pressure Measurement
    5. The Hydraulic Press
    6. Archimedes' Principle

SECTION 2 - CLINICAL EFFECTS of PRESSURE and GASES
    1. Dalton's Law
    2. Partial Pressure and Fractional Inspired Gas Concentrations

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 14, 2005 #2

ranger

Gold Member

You should never wait for the last minute for these things. You should have gone to the library or something.

3. Pascal's principle
    Pascal's principle states that the pressure exerted on a fluid is distributed equally throughout the fluid. The hydraulic jack is an application of this theory.
    By Pascal's principle,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6.Archimedes' Principle

An object is buoyed up with a force equal to the weight of the liquid it displaces.

1.Dalton's Law

The Total Pressure of a gas mixture is the sum of the Partial Pressure of each gas.
    P total = P1 + P2 + P3 + .......Pn

The Hydraulic Press

You could search the free online encyclopedia - Wikipedia for more info.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2005
  4. Oct 14, 2005 #3

andrevdh

Homework Helper

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?