My Solution Attempt: Visualized

• Thread starter heisenbergs
  • Start date
In summary, a point luminaire with a luminous intensity of 2000 cd in all directions is placed 3 m away from a plane with an annular cavity in its center. The cavity has an outer diameter of 3 m and an inner diameter of 2.4 m. The plane also has a parallel screen. The average illuminance level in the illuminated part of the plane can be calculated using the formula Lux [lx] = luminous flux [lm] / area [m2]. The solution attempt for this problem can be seen in the pictures provided. However, the working is difficult to follow and it is recommended to type it out using LaTeX.
heisenbergs
Homework Statement
A point luminaire with a luminous intensity of 2000 cd in all directions is 3 m away from the center of a plane
exists. In the middle of this distance, it has an annular cavity with an outer diameter of 3 m and an inner diameter of 2.4 m.
The plane has a parallel screen. Accordingly, the average illuminance level in the illuminated part of the plane
calculate.
Relevant Equations
Relevant Equations Luminous intensity [cd] = luminous flux [lm] / solid angle [sr].
Illuminance is calculated with the following formula: Lux [lx] = luminous flux [lm] / area [m2].
My solution attempt can be seen on these pictures.

Attachments

• Ekran Görüntüsü (113).png
    Ekran Görüntüsü (113).png
    32.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Ekran Görüntüsü (114).png
    Ekran Görüntüsü (114).png
    31.3 KB · Views: 39
Physics news on Phys.org
heisenbergs said:
Homework Statement: A point luminaire with a luminous intensity of 2000 cd in all directions is 3 m away from the center of a plane
exists. In the middle of this distance, it has an annular cavity with an outer diameter of 3 m and an inner diameter of 2.4 m.
The plane has a parallel screen. Accordingly, the average illuminance level in the illuminated part of the plane
calculate.
Relevant Equations: Relevant Equations Luminous intensity [cd] = luminous flux [lm] / solid angle [sr].
Illuminance is calculated with the following formula: Lux [lx] = luminous flux [lm] / area [m2].

My solution attempt can be seen on these pictures.
Welcome to the forum, but…

Your working is too difficult to follow.
According to forum rules, images are for diagrams and printed matter, such as text book extracts. Your working should be typed in, preferably using LaTeX.
It will also help if you avoid use of the numeric values; just define variables for them and work algebraically. That is good style anyway because it has many advantages.

I for one do not know what a "point luminaire" is, and a web search has not enlightened me. Please explain about the cavity.

Likes BvU
In addition: I spent quite some time trying to decypher what you are doing to end up with 879.55 lux but had to give up, slightly frustrated. (Note: the suggested accuracy is non-existent and the units don't look like lx at all, but I can be mistaken...)

Nevertheless.
:welcome: ##\qquad## !​

(rules/guidelines are here)

##\ ##

1. What is "My Solution Attempt: Visualized"?

"My Solution Attempt: Visualized" is a scientific method that involves creating visual representations or diagrams to help understand and solve complex problems or experiments. It is often used in fields such as biology, chemistry, and physics.

2. How does "My Solution Attempt: Visualized" differ from traditional scientific methods?

"My Solution Attempt: Visualized" differs from traditional scientific methods in that it places a greater emphasis on visual aids and representations. This can help researchers better understand and communicate their findings, as well as identify patterns and relationships that may not be immediately apparent through traditional methods.

3. What are the benefits of using "My Solution Attempt: Visualized"?

The benefits of using "My Solution Attempt: Visualized" include improved understanding and communication of complex concepts, identification of patterns and relationships, and the ability to easily modify and update visual representations as new information is discovered.

4. How can "My Solution Attempt: Visualized" be applied in different scientific fields?

"My Solution Attempt: Visualized" can be applied in various scientific fields, such as biology, chemistry, physics, and even social sciences. It can be used to analyze data, map out processes, and create models to better understand and solve problems.

5. Are there any limitations to using "My Solution Attempt: Visualized"?

While "My Solution Attempt: Visualized" can be a useful tool in scientific research, it also has some limitations. It may not be suitable for all types of data or experiments, and it requires a certain level of skill and creativity to effectively use visual aids. Additionally, visual representations may oversimplify complex concepts, so it is important to also use traditional scientific methods in conjunction with "My Solution Attempt: Visualized".