Nature of spacetime and interest in the field

In summary, the individual is seeking to have their ideas on General Relativity and quantum gravity reviewed by a physicist, as they are an amateur in the field. They are looking for open-access journals to submit a general thesis of their ideas to, but it is advised to seek personal feedback from a physicist or a forum instead.
Macrobe
I am not quite sure what field the study of spacetime and energy would apply, considering I'm looking at it from a very, very big-picture point of view. I have a few theories and have done some math in regard to these three fields, and some of my conclusions have been quite interesting. I desire to have these ideas reviewed by an actual physicist (I am an amateur and not very experienced, thus my ideas are undoubtedly flawed to some degree or other) in order to gain a fuller understanding of where I lie and where modern physics lies. Are there any open-access journals or something of that nature that I can submit a general thesis of my ideas to? I have researched and not found any that apply in this situation.

Space news on Phys.org
I am not quite sure what field the study of spacetime and energy would apply
General Relativity and quantum gravity, probably.
Are there any open-access journals or something of that nature that I can submit a general thesis of my ideas to?
I don't think this is a good idea. If you want to know where you made an error and where you did not, ask some physicist personally, or ask in a forum.

1. What is the nature of spacetime?

Spacetime is the four-dimensional framework in which all physical events take place. It combines the three dimensions of space (length, width, and height) with the dimension of time. According to Einstein's theory of general relativity, spacetime is not a fixed and absolute framework, but rather is affected by the presence of mass and energy.

2. How is the nature of spacetime related to gravity?

Einstein's theory of general relativity explains gravity as the curvature of spacetime caused by the presence of mass and energy. The more massive an object is, the more it curves the space around it, causing other objects to be attracted to it. This explains why planets orbit around the sun and why objects fall towards the Earth.

3. What is the significance of studying the nature of spacetime?

Studying the nature of spacetime is essential for understanding the fundamental laws of the universe. It helps us understand how gravity works, how objects move through space, and how the universe evolves over time. It also has practical applications, such as in the development of technologies like GPS, which relies on precise knowledge of spacetime to function accurately.

4. What are some current areas of research in the study of spacetime?

Some current areas of research in the study of spacetime include investigating the nature of dark matter and dark energy, which are thought to make up a significant portion of the universe. Scientists are also studying the phenomenon of gravitational waves, which are ripples in spacetime caused by the collision of massive objects, such as black holes.

5. What sparked the interest in the field of spacetime?

The study of spacetime has been a topic of interest for centuries, but it was Einstein's theory of general relativity in the early 20th century that sparked a significant increase in interest and research in the field. Since then, advancements in technology and new discoveries have continued to drive the fascination with understanding the nature of spacetime and its role in the universe.