Near-resonant excitation of a two-level system

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
krootox217
Messages
51
Reaction score
2

Homework Statement



Hello, I have the following task:

PEkJrLQ.jpg
[/B]

Homework Equations



In the task[/B]

The Attempt at a Solution



I looked at this task with the notes from the class, but I can't really see through. It seems that the first step is the transformation into the single decoupled second order differential equation, but I don't actually understand how to do that and at which point I need a program to solve it. Can someone guide me through the solution process?

[/B]
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Write the two equations for ##\dot{c}_0## and ##\dot{c}_1## and derive both sides with respect to time. It shouldn't be too hard to see then how to obtain the two uncoupled equations.
 
Hello,
thank you for helping me.

I tried to do that and obtained the following:

4JoQLpU.png


If this is correct, I still don't see what I have to do in the next step and when I have to use a program.