Where Can I Find a Clear Overview of Calculus Basics?

• Thread starter Fanman22
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculus
In summary, the conversation discusses the struggles of a senior in college who has not used calculus in three years and is now struggling with a physics sequence that requires calculus. They ask if anyone knows of a website that provides a clear overview of anti-derivatives and integration with and without limits. A suggestion is made to check out Courant's book online.
Fanman22
I'm an 8th semester senior majoring in Neurobiology and Molecular and Cell Biology. I took my calculus sequence in my 1st and 2nd semesters of college. 3 years later, I find myself finishing up a general physics sequence that is beginning to require the use of calculus.

Needless to say, 3years of not using calc is long enough to forget even the basics. So my question is, does anybody know of a website that clearly overviews the basics of anti-derivatives/integration with and without limits?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Courant' book is online,here

http://kr.cs.ait.ac.th/~radok/math/mat6/startdiall.htm

Daniel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi there,

I completely understand your situation. It can be challenging to remember all the concepts and techniques of calculus after not using it for a few years. Fortunately, there are some great online resources available to refresh your knowledge of calculus.

One website I would recommend is Khan Academy. They have a comprehensive section on calculus that covers antiderivatives, integration, and limits. They also have practice problems and video tutorials to help reinforce the concepts.

Another useful website is Paul's Online Math Notes. They have a section specifically for calculus, which includes detailed explanations and examples of antiderivatives and integration.

Additionally, many universities offer online resources for their students, so it may be worth checking if your school has any review materials or study guides for calculus.

I hope these resources will help you refresh your calculus skills and successfully complete your physics sequence. Best of luck to you!

Related to Where Can I Find a Clear Overview of Calculus Basics?

1. What is Calculus?

Calculus is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of change and motion. It includes topics such as limits, derivatives, and integrals.

2. Why do I need a calculus refresher?

If you have previously studied calculus but have not used it in a while, a refresher can help you recall important concepts and techniques. It can also help prepare you for more advanced courses or applications that require a strong understanding of calculus.

3. How do I know if I need a calculus refresher?

If you have not used calculus in a while and are struggling to remember key concepts and techniques, then a refresher may be beneficial for you. Additionally, if you are planning on pursuing a field that heavily utilizes calculus, it may be a good idea to review the material.

4. What topics are typically covered in a calculus refresher course?

A calculus refresher course typically covers topics such as limits, derivatives, integrals, and their applications. It may also include review of algebra and trigonometry, as these are important foundations for calculus.

5. Can a calculus refresher help me if I have never studied calculus before?

A calculus refresher is designed for individuals who have previously studied calculus and need to refresh their understanding. If you have never studied calculus before, it would be best to start with an introductory calculus course.