Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need guidance - RF engineer/DSP engineer interview

1. Jul 18, 2012 #1
    Please guide me how to prepare for interviews for the post of RF engineer and/or DSP engineer.
    I finished my masters in electrical engineering and am looking for a job in these two fields.

Topics and concepts that I must prepare
    and also the practical skills one must possess (I have used ADS, MATLAB, ....done some lab experiments using VNA, SNA)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2012 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What did you specialize in for your Master's degree? Based on your other thread about RF circuit parameters, I'm thinking that you did not do much RF based work in your schoolwork?

4. Jul 18, 2012 #3
    I did MS in Information and Communication Engineering. I studied subjects like

Advanced Radio Communication
    Radar System engineering
    spaceborne SAR remote sensing
    Integrated systems and signal processing
    communication systems and protocols
    control systems
    microwave laboratory ...

My thesis topic was Evaluation of high precision frequency estimation algorithms for FMCW radar (MATLAB implementation)

My subjects are related to both the fields but my basic concepts are still weak :(
    I sincerely want to improve my knowledge and have an in depth understanding...please guide

5. Jul 18, 2012 #4

AlephZero

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I think you just answered your own question. Start by learning the basics!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook