Find the Best Web Hosting for 20MB+ File Uploads

In summary, the conversation discusses issues with a webpage hoster not uploading files properly and the search for a new hoster that can handle larger file sizes. A suggestion is made to use Dropbox for file storage and sharing, which can be accessed from any device without the need for an internet connection. One person shares their personal experience with using Dropbox for their website and another person expresses interest in trying it out.
julian
Gold Member
I'm writing 3 very long sets of notes on physics. At the moment I have a free webpage hoster (multimania) but recently it has been playing up and won't upload files (the memory is no where full so it isn't that).

There is also that it has always limited the size of individual files that can be uploaded in one go.

Does anyone know of a webpage hoster that will upload files of at least 20 MB at a time, is simple to use and not too expensive? Files being pdf, postscript, and maybe ps.gz.

Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I use dropbox for documents. Its really awesome. Its not exactly a website host, but you can easily share your files with others(and retrieve them yourself!) with direct download links.

Thanks. Does you laptop have to be on and cxonnected to the internet for people to access your files?

Dropbox is excellent. Can store large files, and is easy. Plus don't have to worry about my webpage hoster playing up...well as long as it can contend with just uploading the new 'index' I need to write...this has worked before on someone else's computer - hopeit works again.

Thanks a lot!

julian said:
Dropbox is excellent. Can store large files, and is easy. Plus don't have to worry about my webpage hoster playing up...well as long as it can contend with just uploading the new 'index' I need to write...this has worked before on someone else's computer - hopeit works again.

Thanks a lot!

Of course it works! :smile: You can also access dropbox on nearly any device android, ios, webos, you name it.

Does you laptop have to be on and cxonnected to the internet for people to access your files?

Nope, once you upload it, its done. It can be used anytime, anywhere, without you needing to be online.

Yes dropbox works, it's my webpage hoster that is playing up - now it won't even upload the index.html properly and now there is just a blank page where my webpage used to be...god damn it!

Last edited:
Got a new free website - http://www.ianbay.comeze.com/ - this dropbox means you don't have to pay for larger memory space and larger upload memory size. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
julian said:
Got a new free website - http://www.ianbay.comeze.com/ - this dropbox means you don't have to pay for larger memory space and larger upload memory size. Thanks a lot!

Nice free webhost! I was planning to make a website soon, thanks for sharing! :smile:

1. What is the maximum file size that can be uploaded with this web hosting?

The maximum file size that can be uploaded with this web hosting is 20MB.

2. Can I upload multiple files at once?

Yes, you can upload multiple files at once with this web hosting as long as the total size does not exceed 20MB.

3. Is there a limit to the number of file uploads per day?

There is no specific limit to the number of file uploads per day, but the total size of all uploads should not exceed 20MB.

4. What types of files can be uploaded with this web hosting?

You can upload any type of file as long as it does not exceed 20MB in size. This includes images, videos, documents, and more.

5. Is there a backup system in place for uploaded files?

Yes, this web hosting has a backup system in place to ensure that all uploaded files are safely stored and can be retrieved if needed.