Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New Bin Laden tape

1. Jan 19, 2006 #1

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yay, just what we need. :rolleyes:

Bush will use these quotes whenever someone disagrees with the US invasion of Iraq.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2006 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Always nice to have confirmation straight from the horses a--er, mouth... :wink:

4. Jan 19, 2006 #3
    Actually, it shows how desperate he is. He says in the message that Allah instructs Muslims to not lie when entering treaties, but that itself is a lie, since Muslims are explicitly permitted to lie when entering treaties in order to buy time and gather strength to successfully attack in the future.

5. Jan 21, 2006 #4

SOS2008

Gold Member

That's too bad. Let's see...Bush's lies, Osama bin Laden's lies, Bush's lies, Osama bin Laden's lies…

Bush definitely holds the lie record.

6. Jan 21, 2006 #5

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

When has Bin Laden lied, Sos? Could you specify, please?

I've said before - you can always trust a terrorist...

7. Jan 21, 2006 #6

SOS2008

Gold Member

My comment was weighing one against the other, with the conclusion that bin Laden can be trusted more than Bush. So I agree with you on this point. However, Bush has also used fear to promote his agenda, and is responsible for more deaths than bin Laden, so some see him as a terrorist too.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?