New Physics Course: Dynamics & Newton's Laws

In summary, this course is designed to provide basic knowledge and skills required for a successful career in engineering. The course is heavy in math, but contains a number of practical activities that will be helpful in your studies.
Ing.
Hi I'm taking a new course of physics for the fall semester and was wondering if any of you have an idea of what I'm taking. Thanks in advance. This is what the course says:

Characteristics and objectives of the course:
This course is basic to all engineering careers and introduces students to the study of dynamics, second and third law of Newton, from a theoretical and experimental. Students learn to describe quantitatively the motion of an object and verify its modeling through experiments in the laboratory. The course requires students to possesses skills to perform operations with vectors, solving systems of linear equations and manage basic concepts of trigonometry and analytic geometry.
At the end of the course the student is expected to:
* Know and understand:
• The laws and principles that govern the motion of a particle, and identify applications of these laws in his career.
* Know:
• Measure the correct local acceleration of gravity.
• Correctly calculate the physical quantities that describe the dynamics of the particle in rectilinear motion with friction using the stroboscope.
• Correctly calculate the physical quantities that describe the dynamics of the particle in a circular motion without friction using the stroboscope.
• Build a prototype to demonstrate unequivocally at least one conservation principle.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Good News, it sounds like you are taking the first level of physics. It sounds like the same physics that one would take on a path to engineering or med school. It will be pretty math intensive. The Characteristics and objectives sound pretty standard for this type of class. Other than that, I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you ask if anyone has an idea of what you are taking.

Yes I'm currently studying to become an engineer I'm on my 2 year last semester I took physics 1 which was Vector Mechanics for engineers statics, and I was wondering what this course was going to be about I didn't understand the description. Thanks. :D

Really pleased to note there is plenty of practical work in this course.

go well

^^ Thanks!

Related to New Physics Course: Dynamics & Newton's Laws

1. What is the purpose of the "New Physics Course: Dynamics & Newton's Laws"?

The purpose of this course is to provide a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental concepts of dynamics and Newton's laws of motion. It aims to equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills to analyze and solve problems related to motion and forces.

2. Who can benefit from taking this course?

This course is suitable for anyone interested in understanding the laws that govern motion and how they can be applied to real-world scenarios. It is especially useful for students pursuing a career in physics, engineering, or any other field that involves motion and forces.

3. Do I need any prior knowledge to enroll in this course?

While a basic understanding of physics and mathematics is recommended, there are no strict prerequisites for this course. The concepts will be introduced gradually and explained in an easily understandable manner.

4. What topics will be covered in this course?

This course will cover various topics such as kinematics, forces, Newton's laws of motion, work, energy, momentum, and rotational motion. Students will also learn how to apply these concepts to solve problems in one, two, and three dimensions.

5. How will this course be taught?

The course will be taught through a combination of lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on activities. Students will also have access to online resources, practice problems, and quizzes to reinforce their understanding of the material. There will also be opportunities for discussion and collaboration with fellow students.