What are the Benefits of Joining a Scientific Community as a New Member?

• Thread starter Johnathan McFarland
  • Start date
In summary, joining a scientific community as a new member can offer numerous benefits. First, it provides access to a network of like-minded individuals who can offer support, collaboration opportunities, and mentorship. Additionally, being a part of a scientific community allows for exposure to cutting-edge research and advancements in the field, as well as the opportunity to participate in conferences and workshops. It also provides a platform for sharing and receiving feedback on one's own research, leading to potential collaborations and publications. Furthermore, being a member of a scientific community can enhance one's professional credibility and visibility, leading to potential career advancement opportunities. Overall, joining a scientific community can greatly enrich and advance one's career in the scientific field.
Johnathan McFarland
I am glad to be here. I've already surfed the forum looking for answers to questions and I am happy to join and help build this community.
I'm looking forward to Future conversations.
I've studied mechanical engineering in college and I don't have a degree. I'm planning on going back to school fall off 2017.
I very excited about that.
Thanks for having me.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!