New pressure of a gas when the volume changes at const Temperature

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
mrcotton
Messages
120
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


pumpQ_zpsfbc48895.jpg

Homework Equations


At constant temperature
then P1V1=P2V2

The Attempt at a Solution


This is my attempt at the solution
pumpA_zpscb71ca03.jpg


however the mark scheme says

pumpMS_zps50532314.jpg


Any help appreciated?
I just can't see what I am not seeing?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think there is a typo in the question. The volume in the bottle is much greater than the volume in the pump chamber in this diagram. I suspect that the questioner intended the volume of space in the pump chamber to be 6.5 x 10-5 m3 (.065 l). If that were the case, the given answer is correct.

AM
 
Andrew your a star, I would never have seen that.
Thanks again for your help
D