Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New Yale Internet Physics resource

1. Dec 14, 2007 #1
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2007 #2
    It's always nice to see the face and hear the voice and experience the personality of the author of your textbook, and here of course I mean Shankar's big red Principles of Quantum Mechanics. Great book. Thanks for the heads up Peter!
  4. Dec 15, 2007 #3
    It is sad that Shankar doesn't cover QM in this series of lectures. Yale has plans that "Over the next three years, nearly 30 more courses and associated course materials will be added to Open Yale Courses", so we will have to hope for some more good Physics. See the web page http://open.yale.edu/courses/about/index.html.
  5. Dec 24, 2007 #4
    thanks for posting this! I'm up to lecture 11 and it's really helping me understand the concepts, he is a good lecture and I think I'm going to find and buy his math help book too.
  6. Dec 25, 2007 #5
    Thanks, Peter.
  7. Mar 7, 2009 #6
    Sir Shankar mailed me that Electrodynamics lectures were unfortunately not taped.
  8. Mar 9, 2009 #7
    Shankar is the man! I hope they put many more of his classes up in the future. Between him and Walter Lewin, who needs to actually go to class ;)
  9. Mar 19, 2009 #8
    I accidentally stumbled across his lectures a few weeks ago. I haven't watched many (just the first five) but I can definitely say that he is a great lecturer. I haven't read any of his books though.
  10. May 14, 2009 #9
    He does however have a book on the subject, linked to below.

11. May 14, 2009 #10
    Here's to hoping that they start putting more advanced courses online.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted