Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New York Giants Wins Superbowl

1. Feb 3, 2008 #1
    WOW!!!! I didn't even want to watch the game. But what a game!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 3, 2008 #2

OmCheeto

Gold Member

Were they the ones in white or blue?
    I watched the last 3 minutes. It was a good game.

4. Feb 3, 2008 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: I think I love you for asking that question!

5. Feb 3, 2008 #4

mjsd

Homework Helper

BIG upset in the final minutes
    only followed the scores in the final quater

6. Feb 3, 2008 #5

OmCheeto

Gold Member

I've been playing beach volleyball for about 25 years now.
    I'm only 5'6" with 2 crushed disks.
    If I can get up an say "who won", then I consider it a good day.

7. Feb 3, 2008 #6

ranger

Gold Member

Holy crap Greg, you started the thread already!!

It was a damn good game. Loved how everyone rushed on with 1 sec left. Too bad we didn't cripple their quarterback :devil:

8. Feb 3, 2008 #7
    Lot of bookies are really upset right now

9. Feb 3, 2008 #8

OmCheeto

Gold Member

The guy next to me said that his "aquaintance" had just won $9000
    So I would go along with that statement.

10. Feb 3, 2008 #9

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, but I won $50 in the office pool...but my hubby had to keep reminding me which team was which...!

11. Feb 3, 2008 #10
    I didn't see it, had to sleep. Born and raised in New England, I was rooting for the Patriots. It comes with the territory. So you can imagine my disappointment.:cry:

Now NE and NY will have another sports rivalry to argue about. Congratulations to Giants this year, but there is always next year.

12. Feb 4, 2008 #11
    Some people just won a TON of money.

13. Feb 4, 2008 #12
    I was predicting the Giants to go all the way a month ago. Evidently I should've put money on it.

14. Feb 4, 2008 #13
    Where the Giants the undergods? I don't really follow this, just I had to put up with all the sports channels littered with it =/

15. Feb 4, 2008 #14

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Apparently the Patriots were favored to win by 12 points. I only saw the score in 3rd quarter, Patriots 7 - Giants 3.

16. Feb 4, 2008 #15
    I looked up from my laptop to watch some commercials....The Tide Pen was my favorite. (The one with the talking stain.)

17. Feb 4, 2008 #16

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Hank, the Clydesdale, was my favorite.

The dog drinking water was my dog's favorite.

18. Feb 4, 2008 #17
    I am ticked to no end that the Patriots lost. I am a huge Patriots fan, and I really wanted them to win. Brady had stated before the game that the earlier ankle injury would affect his deep throw, and honestly, it did. He did not hit anything that night, and I don't think I have EVER seen Brady throw so off. Also, on the Giant's winning drive, the Patriots had two interception passes go right through our hands. They were way off target, and should have been taken.

So the Patriots gen unlucky, and so what happens then? Eli escapes an inevitable sack, and completes a throw that the reciever catches on his helmet.

Brady had no aim (obviously he was lying about his ankle), the Patriots offensive line (the best in the NFL) could not hold back the Giants, and the Patriots could not even get an interception to stick in their hands.

There were also NUMEROUS game changing fowls that were not called against the Giants, and were not even challenged, and overall, the Giants won off of a sheer chain reaction that was keeping the Patriots from doing what they do best.

This is a HUGE upset.

19. Feb 4, 2008 #18

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

That has to be one of the great plays in NFL history.

20. Feb 4, 2008 #19

EnumaElish

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It's a historical game. Well worth my chili & baked pita chips gulped down with (bottled) Smithwicks.

Eli Manning was named the MVP; what a turnaround!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/04/super.bowl/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Also:
    (from the same link)

Can anyone tell which half of the "double" was wasted money?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  21. Feb 4, 2008 #20

RonL

Gold Member

I would have felt good no matter which team won, i do like Tom and the Pats, but living just outside New Orleans when Archie Manning came out of Ole Miss, i watched him spend his entire pro life with a losing team (he was a great QB). Seeing his two sons competing at this level really makes me feel good:biggrin: He has taught them well ( they were so close to playing against each other in the big game).:smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?