1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nice manners for rejecting an admission offer

1. Apr 1, 2009 #1
    OK, now I have been admitted at 3 universities, and accepted the offer in one of them, is time to reject the other offers. Is a simple "no, thanks" enough, or universities expect a more polite and complete answer?
    Maybe telling them where we will be doing our studies, etc? But for other part, do they really care what we will be doing if we decided to reject their offers?

Thanks for the advise.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2009 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I don't think it's necessary to give them a lengthy reply.

I would make sure to directly contact anyone you spoke with personally in the process (ie professors you make have discusses potential projects with) and thank them for their time. You don't want to burn any bridges.

Also, I would try to reply quickly, as other candidates on waiting lists will be anxious to pick up your spot.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook