Non Trad. going back to school with family

• Thread starter TheKracken5
  • Start date
In summary, non traditional students who decide to go back to school while also having a family face unique challenges, such as balancing responsibilities and managing time effectively. However, they also bring a wealth of life experience and determination to succeed, making them valuable and motivated learners. Support systems, flexible schedules, and a strong sense of determination can help these students successfully navigate the demands of both family and academia.
TheKracken5
Howdy, I am kinda new here. I used to have an account years ago when I was a teenager and aspiring to be a mathematician. Fast forward to now...I am 22 married to my beautiful wife and our first child was born just 2 weeks ago. I love my daughter and wife very much and we also have a cat and dog.

I never ended up becoming a mathematician or much of anything in that regard. I suffer from ADHD and anxiety which was partially the reason why I failed out of high school (I actually tested out but I was failing everything so...). This really got to me but I continued at a community college for a while and started in Trig and have worked my way up very slowly through the years since I was 17. I usually get B's and feel like I could do so much better and half the time I end up dropping classes not because I am not good at the stuff, I just end up procrastinating and fail the first exam and just drop.

I have taken 3 quarters of calculus and a differential equations class successfully and loved them (really like DEQ's). Most of my general ed is all done and I hope to one day soon finish my last quarter of calc and a quarter of Linear. I want to study statistics and go on to grad school for epidemiology or bio stats. But first I need to focus on making some money so maybe I can afford to go back to school.

Thanks everyone and I hope to help out here in the HW section so I can stay sharp until I can start taking courses again.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! Good luck!