NOT quite sure what thesis to do

• Thread starter mynick
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thesis
In summary, when choosing a thesis topic and a master degree, it is important to focus on your own interests rather than trying to please others. Talking to professors and looking at past projects can help in selecting a good topic. It is also important to consider future employability and avoid choosing a degree that may not have much demand in the job market. Ultimately, the process of selecting a topic and degree may involve trial and error, and seeking advice from others can be helpful.
mynick
1)I am about to begin my thesis in order to graduate as an electronics engineer and i am NOT quite sure what thesis to do...Maybe build an antenna,perhaps an embedded system or something else...?

I want my thesis to be something useful, not waste of time and preparatory that could help me for a masters degree,i am soooo undecided yet!Any ideas?

2)I have the funds to complete a master degree.Systems,control,Optoelectronics,computer networks,telecommunications ,DSP etc are some of the options.What/which master degrees seem to be more employable,decently paid and have future?Which masters should i avoid?

your comments on these 2 questions?

Physics news on Phys.org
I know it sounds simple but pick a thesis in what you are most interested in, not what you think someone else wants you to do. I have the same advice for your masters.

Part of what you get out of a thesis project is just this - learning how to select a "good" idea. Unfortunately there's no pretty solution to this that I know of - just trial and error.

What you may want to do is talk with some of your professors and look at what projects other students have done in previous years. Which ones were they most impressed with? Which ones seem most interesting to you? Do they have any ideas for something that hasn't been done before?

Related to NOT quite sure what thesis to do

1. What is a thesis?

A thesis is a research project that is typically required for completion of a graduate degree. It involves identifying a research question or problem, conducting a thorough investigation of the topic, and presenting a well-supported argument or conclusion.

2. How do I choose a thesis topic?

Choosing a thesis topic can be a daunting task. Start by brainstorming areas of interest or topics that have sparked your curiosity in your field of study. From there, narrow down your list based on feasibility, availability of resources, and potential impact or contribution to your field.

3. Can I change my thesis topic once I have started?

Yes, it is possible to change your thesis topic after you have started. However, it is important to consult with your advisor and make sure the change is feasible and will not significantly delay your progress towards completion.

4. How do I develop a thesis proposal?

A thesis proposal outlines the purpose, scope, and methodology of your research project. It should include a clear research question, a review of relevant literature, and a detailed plan for how you will conduct your research. Consult with your advisor for specific guidelines and requirements for your proposal.

5. What if I am still not sure what thesis to do?

If you are still unsure about what thesis to do, consider seeking advice from your advisor or other faculty members in your department. You can also attend departmental seminars and conferences to learn about current research topics and trends in your field. Additionally, consider exploring different research areas through independent study or research assistantship opportunities to gain a better understanding of your interests and strengths.